• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

All ATP flight school=Joke

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AA: just checked your profile......L-19? Me too! Fun airplane and my first tail dragger. Be good!

Phaedrus said:
AA: just checked your profile......L-19? Me too! Fun airplane and my first tail dragger. Be good!

The L-19 was great! Tailwheels are where it is at. Actually the refrence was towards RadarLove. Actually the party thing was a hypothetical, I usually say that I am a dolphin trainer. You should see where that leads. :D

AA

alright, sorry for my late entry into this riveting thread, but I needed to add my thoughts on this topic... and they are:

1) Radarlove... you must be a blast at parties. Now I know why I always lost chicks to guys like you.

W) That guy who said lift is a result of money... now that's funny.

and finally

7) I love Bernoulli... in my opinion you can't get a better carpet steamer.

AAflyer said:
The L-19 was great! Tailwheels are where it is at. Actually the refrence was towards RadarLove. Actually the party thing was a hypothetical, I usually say that I am a dolphin trainer. You should see where that leads. :D

AA

Dolphin trainer is a good one. Also, try telling them you're a freelance pirate.

And my all time favorite: I'm a linguist...a cunning linguist.

push power in, houses get smaller. take power out, houses get bigger. Pull back on the yoke houses get smaller, pull back too much they will eventually get bigger as you are screaming toward your death at several hundred miles per hour, pi$$ing your pants, finding Jesus, calling for mommy, wishing you had more life insurance, and just then you will realize you should have paid attention to your instructor. The only good part of that would be that your sinuses will clear up pretty quick.

[Should we learn it? Absolutely. But just because you can't spit out definitions (because of their paltry utility) doesn't mean you aren't a professional.
/QUOTE]
Well said, Phaedrus.

As for symmetrical airfoils, supercritical, etc., AOA has a LOT to do with lift.

I laugh whenever that "air molecules must meet up" explanation is given. What, do they have cellphones or somethin'?

wrxpilot said:
You guys are correct, the traditional theory of airfoil lift taught in PPL texts is incorrect. Here's a good place to get educated on the subject:

http://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/K-12/airplane/wrong1.html

These guys go on to explain that pretty much every explanation is incorrect and that the real answer is too complicated to simplfy. I'm not sure I'd go that far, but then again, this is from NASA.

Bushwick...sure. Glad you got a kick!

I don't think I could keep a straight face asking these wide-eyed kids who want to enroll in the "airline fast track program" what "lift" is. I'd probably laugh at some of the answers supplied too. Correct or not. Knowing what they think they're getting for all that money and in only 6 months... hah.

Latest resources

Back