• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

All ASA pilots...please read!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And why are they profitable? I will give you a hint.... It is not because of Xjet.

They are profitable because of the work that ALL the pilots do for low pay. Our skill set as pilots is very valuable. I think we often undervalue it. When you consider the training, intense oversight, long hours, long periods away from home, health hazards, lack of adequate sleep, public scrutiny, and managerial indifference to our needs, we are paid about half of what we deserve. The majors are getting back to a level of sanity regarding pay and we are going backwards. It's time to draw line.

Sooo, tell me again why the pilots should support concessions?

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/commodity

com-mod-i-ty

noun \kə-ˈma-də-tē\
plural com-mod-i-ties

Definition of COMMODITY

: an economic good: as
a : a product of agriculture or mining
b : an article of commerce especially when delivered for shipment <commodities futures>
c : a mass-produced unspecialized product <commodity chemicals> <commodity memory chips>

a : something useful or valued <that valuable commodity patience>; also : thing, entity
b : convenience, advantage

obsolete : quantity, lot

: a good or service whose wide availability typically leads to smaller profit margins and diminishes the importance of factors (as brand name) other than price

: one that is subject to ready exchange or exploitation within a market <stars as individuals and as commodities of the film industry ? Film Quarterly>

Ohhh, I see.... (cough "BS")

Last edited:
Next up MECs trying to lower expectations. They already started with the last email "stating remember Comair." The MECs will be the first to cave and start preaching how we just need to fight another day rather than letting time be on our side. We will lose growth blahh blahh. When are we going to act like a real union and fight rather than letting the Co run all over us?

The MECs will be the first to cave and start preaching how we just need to fight another day rather than letting time be on our side. ?

yall are telling mgt to pound sand, well, remember the MECs work & (supposedly) represent us, so telll 'em to pound sand too. Let your LEC Reps know how you feel!

NO!

The Asa mec will sell out the pilots in exchange for a GO job when they are voted out after sli. They do not want to be line pilots again.

Voting "no" regardless of what a TA says.

The pilot group must remember that this industry is very unstable. It always has been. Therefore, relying on pilot hiring at the majors in order to escape substandard wages and work rules is a foolish gamble. All it takes is another terror strike from cave dwelling, camel fking, Islamic ape men to put an end to your career prospects. All you can really count-on is your current job and its current contract. Don't let the major airlines make the regionals their bitches. Use them like they want use you. Make it hard on them. The SKYW market leverage for the regional market is huge, and XJT is two thirds of it. Let's force the issue a little bit. Please think if you are worth more every time you miss your wife and children on 4 day trip, every time you wake up at 3:40 am for a 6 leg day with a 9 hour rest to follow, every time you study new procedures, systems, and SOPs for 5 hours on your free time. You are a highly skilled, highly trained, excessively screened professional. Get paid like one.

The Asa mec will sell out the pilots in exchange for a GO job when they are voted out after sli. They do not want to be line pilots.

I find it a litte convenient that they walked in one day and were simply dumbfounded by the concessionary proposal.

Only to start bringing up Comair in their next email....

I smell a rat(s).

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back