• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

All 135 pilots should read.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
IMHO.....the operator (91 or 135) and the underwriter play a far more important role in whom is approved than the individual pilot. Certainly in cases where the operator has "named insured" clauses in their policy, the operator is the deciding factor. If the underwriter disagrees with a decision, they (the underwriter) will make it clear the next year at renewal with an adjustment to premium.

I make that statement in reference to jet operators and non-owner pilot situations. Piston twins and owner operator often becomne very complicated, especially with high limits.

All this just my humble opinion.

Last edited:
i agree...it depends more on the impression the underwriter has of the operator than anything else. i recall applying for a King Air job many moons ago with barely 2,000 total and was told i needed 3,000 to even sit right seat in a 90. one week later i was flying for his competitor off the same airstrip in a 200...single pilot :)

If it will mean less whining on this forum, then I say the sooner they strike the better.

One of those NJ morons, wearing a Teamsters pin, no less, harrangued a pilot from my company recently about how he could be "blackballed" for flying NJ trips if they strike.

In general, I sympathize with any pilots trying to improve their lot, but it's wrong to threaten people from other companies who are just doing their jobs.

Well put Spit!!

Any of their guys pull that crap with me and I will laugh them right off of the popcorn machine!!

Please sir, may I have another sell-off?

These guys have lost any support from me. Please kill this company before corporate aviation in general gets a bad name. You NJ guys better keep the attitude away from the owners. These guys will never buy an airplane if they think they need to put up with this. Take it up with Warren, not your bread and butter.

no thanks, i got my own woman...unless shes hot as hell

neflier said:
Reality check NJ guys. If you strike we will fly your trips, take your pay and sleep with your women.

With what these guys get paid, and, being gone 15 days every month, I can't imagine that they have 'hot' chicks. What's the pickup line? "Hey babe, if you don't mind waiting 7 days, I'll take you to White Castle and you can have all the sliders you want...BTW, did I tell you that I fly a JET?"

:) (all in good fun, guys)

Ace

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back