All 135 pilots should read.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
aeronautic1 said:
Gosh, I sure hope they strike. Me and my trusty G200 will enjoy the extra revenue received during these pilots action. I know my owner will really enjoy the extra revenue and expresses his gratitude to the three of us who crew his investment. Better starting pay than NetJets, generous gifts, 5 star hotels on the road, excellent in house maintenance, bonuses and dive/fishing trips to the Caribbean to name a few. I work for an excellent organization and NEVER considered fractional operators. The fractionals are the real SCABS of the industry. They trolled all of the 135 operators for pilots years ago making promises they never intended to keep. They are direct competitors to the Part 135 way of life. And now, they want us to support their displeasure with the job they took. What a joke!!

aeronautic1 vbmenu_register("postmenu_551659", true);

Aircraft Experience: Galaxy, Squawker, LR 24, 25, 31, 35, 36 Citation S/II, King Air, Aztec, Be18, Be58, C402/414, Nava-joe, Seneca
Flight Experience: USCG then Civilian
Ratings: ATP
Current Position: Part 135/91 Gulfstream Pilot
Total Time: 3500

G200
My starting pay in the G200 was $42K for F/O. I would expect that is would be a bit lower for the Astra, like $36K
user_offline.gif

Last edited:
CapnVegetto said:
If ya wouldn't mind, PM me base, pay, address or fax # to send a resume, as well as minimum requirements and upgrade time. If I happen to get a job there, you won't just get a beer from me, you get a CASE! :)

Jet in KTEB is going to be looking for a GIV Captain soon. Great place to work if you get on the right plane. AirGroup is looking for a GIV guy in the North East. I also saw that Trans Exec in KVNY is hiring co-pilots for their Gulfstreams. I have a friend there and he likes it (for a 135 gig).

Ace

Ace-of-the-Base said:
Jet in KTEB is going to be looking for a GIV Captain soon. Great place to work if you get on the right plane. AirGroup is looking for a GIV guy in the North East. I also saw that Trans Exec in KVNY is hiring co-pilots for their Gulfstreams. I have a friend there and he likes it (for a 135 gig).

The real problem is that he....like myself...have little to no G time, so are usually not even considered for those positions. It seems like you have to have G time to get G time. Lots of PIC time, lots of PIC jet(mostly mid-size, some light)....but no bites at any G operators.

Last edited:
Ace-of-the-Base said:

Ace

#1: I'm too much of a redneck to ever live in the Northeast. :) My southern accent would be just too easy for them to rib me on all the time.

#2: I've only got about 2700 hours, and about 100 PIC jet. Insurance company wouldn't let me touch the left seat of a G whiz with sterilized rubber gloves after I gave them my last naked pictures of Anna Kournikova as a bribe. Maybe in a coupla years when I've got about 4000 hours or so, but right now, I get laughed at enough by people I know. :) I don't need to get laughed at by Jet's insurance underwriter. :)

Besides, right now, I'm in the left seat, and I'm in no hurry to go back to being a switch bitch. Next job I get, I don't mind starting in the right, especially if I have no time in type, but I don't want to stay in the right seat any longer than I have to.

Sounds like a good gig though, I'll toss anybody I know that might be looking the name. Thanx for the tip. :)

Probably in a year or two, I'll be whining on this board looking for a job somewhere in FL, GA, AL, MS, or LA in some kind of jet, preferably part 91. Right now I'll only leave for something that just blows my mind. I feel like I owe my boss some time for typing me and putting me in the left seat at relatively low time.

I'm always amazed by the people that exclude themselves from jobs without even trying. Why say your not qualified, let the interviewer say that

CaSyndrm said:
I'm always amazed by the people that exclude themselves from jobs without even trying. Why say your not qualified, let the interviewer say that

Perhaps you're right, but see reason #1. :)

I've just been doing this long enough to know better. I've been turned down for a COPILOT job in a DA-10 because I didn't have 4000 FREAKING HOURS! I interviewed, they boss loved me, the job was mine, they sent my paperwork into the insurance company, they said no, not even after going to initial and getting typed. They wanted 4000 hours. I even spoke to the underwriter on the phone, trying to convince him otherwise. I remember saying to him, "So what you're telling me is that forget the 1,000 hours of jet time I have, forget the 1,250 hours of multi engine time I have. I have 2500 hours total time now, and I'm not OK, but if I were to go out and fly 1500 hours VFR around the pattern in a 152, then I would be OK?" His reply, "Yes, that's correct." I was so pi$$ed. I thanked the stupid a$$hole for costing me a great job. $60K a year, home every night, location right where I wanted to be. All I could think was DA-N!! :)

First part 91 corporate job I got, my boss had to fight for two solid weeks with the insurance company because I didn't have 2000 hours at the time. (I had about 1800). It was for a LR-35 copilot job. I've been to initial at Simuflite, was 135 current in type, current Simuflite SIC pro card in type, about 250 hours in type, but I wasn't OK because I needed 200 more hours of 152 time. How f-ing stupid is that?

Insurance companies should all f-ing die of gonnorreha and rot in hell.

CapnVegetto said:
Perhaps you're right, but see reason #1. :)

I've just been doing this long enough to know better. I've been turned down for a COPILOT job in a DA-10 because I didn't have 4000 FREAKING HOURS! I interviewed, they boss loved me, the job was mine, they sent my paperwork into the insurance company, they said no, not even after going to initial and getting typed. They wanted 4000 hours. I even spoke to the underwriter on the phone, trying to convince him otherwise. I remember saying to him, "So what you're telling me is that forget the 1,000 hours of jet time I have, forget the 1,250 hours of multi engine time I have. I have 2500 hours total time now, and I'm not OK, but if I were to go out and fly 1500 hours VFR around the pattern in a 152, then I would be OK?" His reply, "Yes, that's correct." I was so pi$$ed. I thanked the stupid a$$hole for costing me a great job. $60K a year, home every night, location right where I wanted to be. All I could think was DA-N!! :)

First part 91 corporate job I got, my boss had to fight for two solid weeks with the insurance company because I didn't have 2000 hours at the time. (I had about 1800). It was for a LR-35 copilot job. I've been to initial at Simuflite, was 135 current in type, current Simuflite SIC pro card in type, about 250 hours in type, but I wasn't OK because I needed 200 more hours of 152 time. How f-ing stupid is that?

Insurance companies should all f-ing die of gonnorreha and rot in hell.

Dont beleive all that...

I (and many I know) have been PICs in jets since less than 2000TT and never had a problem with insurance. From ratty 135 gigs to decent charter management companies to good PT91 gigs -- domestic/Intl/small/large it was always posssible.

I think the insurance thing is an excuse 99% of the time - if they want you they will insure you.

Gulfstream 200 said:
Dont beleive all that...

I (and many I know) have been PICs in jets since less than 2000TT and never had a problem with insurance. From ratty 135 gigs to decent charter management companies to good PT91 gigs -- domestic/Intl/small/large it was always posssible.

I think the insurance thing is an excuse 99% of the time - if they want you they will insure you.

You're probably right, but when was this? It used to be a lot easier, then 9/11 happened, and insurance companies used this as an excuse to jack up requirements and premiums to insane levels. I used to be a LOT easier than it is now. Both instances I cited were post 9/11. I had already been pretty much hired at both jobs, and a dam insurance company cost me the first job. The second job I got after the CP argued with the underwriter for about a week.

CapnVegetto said:
You're probably right, but when was this? It used to be a lot easier, then 9/11 happened, and insurance companies used this as an excuse to jack up requirements and premiums to insane levels. I used to be a LOT easier than it is now. Both instances I cited were post 9/11. I had already been pretty much hired at both jobs, and a dam insurance company cost me the first job. The second job I got after the CP argued with the underwriter for about a week.

all within the last 5 yrs -- pre and post 9/11

just sharing my experience with it...dont be discouraged about applying at great jobs b/c of the insurance game.

Im sure much of it depends on the outfit and the insurance itself.

good luck!!

Gulfstream 200 said:
all within the last 5 yrs -- pre and post 9/11

just sharing my experience with it...dont be discouraged about applying at great jobs b/c of the insurance game.

Im sure much of it depends on the outfit and the insurance itself.

good luck!!

Thx much. When I do start looking, I'll keep that in mind. Have a good one!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back