Alaska vs. Netjets vs. NWA recall????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
skiandsurf said:
I like going thru security and having the 24 year old high school drop out go thru my bag while his 400 pound co-worker grabs my crotch.

Actually to work for TSA you need a HS Diploma. :bomb:

After reading the responses on this thread and on the same thread in Fractionals - one thing is for sure - Everyone has a different opinion. If I would have said Mesa or 'anyone else' I would have expected the same answer except from maybe the freshly out of PFT pilot. Everyone has a different perspective on life and what they want to get out of a job. I see the benefits of both Alaska and NJA - I guess it will come down to which company makes an offer and if I have the opportunity to choose. As they say "An airline chooses you - You don't choose your airline."

Thanks for all the responses and please keep them coming - it's great food for the brain.

Baja.

Not many. More Capts than FOs I would bet. LA lines aren't the best ones in our company. LA guys will tell you that the LA lines are built out of the open flying left over after the SEA lines are built. Not true, but reflects the reality of the difference between the variety of SEA lines vs. the LA lines. SEA has more MEX, more Alaska and SE Alaska, and almost all the transcon flying.

It looks like the decision is Final...ALASKA on the 23rd of Oct! Thanks to all who have helped with info during my job search. No regrets leaving NWA. Actually the recall notice came two days before my final interview at AS. Those of you on the W. Coast enjoy the last few weeks of our ongoing Summer - and those in the mid and East coasts...Enjoy the Fall because Winter is around the corner. Time to close up a few loose ends and off to SEA in two weeks! Thanks again FI....Baja

Any comments requested.... Below is some info about my situation:

1) NWA furlough since 02/02

2) W. Coast family guy

3) Currently flying Pt 91 King Air w/ 4 hard days a month

4) Have 22 years till age 60

5) Won't move from So Cal.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Baja.
IMHO NWA shouldn't be an option, Netjets works pretty damn hard while on your 7 on, worked there, plus no jumpseats..yuk. Alaska has some of the best training in the industry with LAX base. A plan is intact and company is solid. This is MHO though, you asked.

Latest resources

Back