• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska vs. Netjets vs. NWA recall????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Alaska. Good luck (not meant sarcastically)!

Or your current gig if you're spending most nights at home and it seems stable. Right now I'd love to have a good KingAir job at my local airport that has few RONs, even if I only had 4 hard offs (don't say it:0 ).

Easier said then done, but I don't know how you could stomach NWA after the "trash" debacle. That one has me furious and I have absolutely zero ties to NWA.

Netjets seems like a good place. My only hesitation is the 7 on. Sure seems hard to swallow with small kiddos at home. Of course you gets lots of time off which is good. I'd rather do 4/3 even though I'd work more, but only because it doesn't feel (to me) like I'm gone so long that way.

Going2Baja,
I was at NetJets pre-t/a. I still would of left even w/ the new contract(which they greatly deserved). I never cared for the 7/7(7 FULL days is a long time from home w/ small kids), you are basically on reserve once you start your trip till when you get home(seniority means nothing on the road). I know the place works great for alot of folks but it was not my cup of tea. I admit I'm a 121 type guy 3 or 4 days on 4 off, Plus knowing exactly what you are doing next month.

AppBrookie said:
Going2Baja,
I was at NetJets pre-t/a. I still would of left even w/ the new contract(which they greatly deserved). I never cared for the 7/7(7 FULL days is a long time from home w/ small kids), you are basically on reserve once you start your trip till when you get home(seniority means nothing on the road). I know the place works great for alot of folks but it was not my cup of tea. I admit I'm a 121 type guy 3 or 4 days on 4 off, Plus knowing exactly what you are doing next month.

Pros and cons:

NJA vs 121

7/7 from the start. vs reserve for months possible.
every other weekend off. vs no weekends off for years.
TSA assalt once a week. vs TSA daily.
Catered food. vs Fight crowd for McDonalds.
2 or 3 nice pax. vs 100s of rude white trash pax.
3 week vacations vs 1 week vacations.
Owners paying for fuel. vs $75/ barrel.
Every other week is vacation. vs Three days to do "honey-do-list".
No monthly bidding. vs Worrying about bidding on time.
No crash pads. vs Crash pads.
Different airports. vs ATL-TPA-ATL-TPA-ATL-TPA-ATL-MCO.
No "busy" airport delays. vs EWR, ORD, ATL, DFW..
No FAs. vs FAs.
FBO rampers that work. vs Airline rampers.....nuff said.
Smart management. vs Airline management...nuff said.

any more ????

Last edited:
Factor in the likelihood of future merger(s) for either airline.

skiandsurf said:
Pros and cons:

NJA vs 121

7/7 from the start. vs reserve for months possible. At NJA you're on reserve all 7 days. "Long days and short nights", to quote a newhire X FO.
every other weekend off. vs no weekends off for years. Not true
TSA assalt once a week. vs TSA daily. O.K, you've got one.
Catered food. vs Fight crowd for McDonalds. 121 has catered meals and/or the choice of airport restaurants.
2 or 3 nice pax. vs 100s of rude white trash pax. 121 doesn't interact with pax. NJA on the other hand, kisses arse, loads bags, coffee-ice papers. Sorry, 121 takes this one easy.
3 week vacations vs 1 week vacations. You know not of which you speak. I turn all of my single weeks of vacation into 23 or 24 days off in a row.
Owners paying for fuel. vs $75/ barrel. I've never paid for fuel at the airlines.
Every other week is vacation. vs Three days to do "honey-do-list". No, every other week is a 7 day hostage situation for you. I don't care who you are, 7 days on is too much.
No monthly bidding. vs Worrying about bidding on time. You're kidding, right?
No crash pads. vs Crash pads. 121 allows you to live anywhere you are willing to commute from vs NJA's five domiciles. Hmmm, one more for 121.
Different airports. vs ATL-TPA-ATL-TPA-ATL-TPA-ATL-MCO. Alaska and NWA do ATL-TPA-MCO?
No "busy" airport delays. vs EWR, ORD, ATL, DFW.. I get paid by the hour, so I don't worry about delays.
No FAs. vs FAs. Don't kid yourself, you are the FA at NJA.
FBO rampers that work. vs Airline rampers.....nuff said. You're right, those FBO rampers will help you toss bags. I've seen airline rampers toss bags during my pre-flight, it looks like back breaking work. No thanks.
Smart management. vs Airline management...nuff said. There's a sucker born every minute.

any more ????

Please, no more, you're killing me.

Last edited:
Guppiedriver said:
Please, no more, you're killing me.

Im sorry. Youre right. I really like trying to jumpseat and being bumped by a more senior pilot or the FAA. I really like hanging out in my crash pad with 6 other commuters. I really enjoy waiting in line behind the fat family at McDonalds. I like going thru security and having the 24 year old high school drop out go thru my bag while his 400 pound co-worker grabs my crotch. I really like sitting in a bullet proof office hoping that bullets or bombs dont start to go off. I really enjoy watching more and more of our flying go to our "express carriers". I really like seeing the commuters flying 90 seat airplanes. And I really like it when the airlines throw out my retirement.

I didnt realize how much I like flying 121. I will start my commute this afternoon, for my noon showtime tomorrow with a much better attitude.

No NWA

Can't comment on NJ or AK, but I wouldn't go back to NWA. I don't plan on going back unless all other options go away. My plan is Bypass... Bypass... Bypasss... Resign. Or maybe just resign with the right opportunity. I will have to be beyond desperate to go back.

How long is it taking to get a line out of LAX at Alaska? And you won't need a crashpad once your off reserve.

Latest resources

Back