• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska TA: what's in it for me?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If this passes, I'm thinking seriously about not paying any more dues. I know I would have to cancel my ALPA life and loss of medical insurance, but I could get that elsewhere. I would then set up a bank account and have the amount I used to pay in dues automatically wired to that account straight from the company. Then if I ever wanted to rejoin the union, I already have all my back dues set aside. If the union is ousted, I'll have a few grand in mad money.

GFY, You know nothing of my involvement in the union. I'd say disparaging half the pilots that work at one of the most successful airlines on the planet is just a bit arrogant of you. We pay for a union to fulfill their obligations to us, that alone buys me every right to say what I want about the quality of service I PAY FOR.
YOU ARE TRULY, TOO STUPID FOR AIR! Those pilots voted themselves a pay raise and a whole host of contractual protections, hey but at least you got a $0.15 per hour per diem raise. So GFY as well, when I hear sniveling at volume coming from your pie hole, the writing is on the wall. Your fundamental misunderstanding of what ALPA is, and is not is evident from your posts.
Look in the mirror and you will see the true problem, get informed moron, you sound like a former Skywest pilot.
EVERYTHING IN THE TA WAS CONCEIVED, AND PUT TO PAPER BY YOUR CO-WORKERS, YOUR MEC, NC, ALPA ONLY PUT THE RUBBER STAMP ON IT.
Sucks to be faced with the reality that you are responsible for your own woes, huh?

Last edited:
YOU ARE TRULY, TOO STUPID FOR AIR! Those pilots voted themselves a pay raise and a whole host of contractual protections, hey but at least you got a $0.15 per hour per diem raise. So GFY as well, when I hear sniveling at volume coming from your pie hole, the writing is on the wall. Your fundamental misunderstanding of what ALPA is, and is not is evident from your posts.
Look in the mirror and you will see the true problem, get informed moron, you sound like a former Skywest pilot.
EVERYTHING IN THE TA WAS CONCEIVED, AND PUT TO PAPER BY YOUR CO-WORKERS, YOUR MEC, NC, ALPA ONLY PUT THE RUBBER STAMP ON IT.
Sucks to be faced with the reality that you are responsible for your own woes, huh?

I'm really not concerned what you think about any of this. Perhaps if you wrote a coherent sentence that had an actual fking point I could respond better.

If this TA was truly the product of my co-workers, the Fking union wouldn't have to go into full spin mode and pull all the scare cards out to convince us to pass this piece of schit. This is the MEC slipping into Stockholm Syndrome. I promise you, the majority of Pilots of this Airline NEVER told this union that this TA would be acceptable. The MEC, pissing their pants at the thought of not getting an agreement, unanimously accepted this POS and painted every pilot on the property into a very tight corner. Do you REALLY think the pilot group told the union to go out and get us paid LESS than we made, (in the actual number of dollars...forget inflation...just a lower ACTUAL number) than we made a DECADE ago?

You don't know schit. The MEC royally fked this up and now it's up to the line pilot to clean it up.

I'm really not concerned what you think about any of this. Perhaps if you wrote a coherent sentence that had an actual fking point I could respond better.

If this TA was truly the product of my co-workers, the Fking union wouldn't have to go into full spin mode and pull all the scare cards out to convince us to pass this piece of schit. This is the MEC slipping into Stockholm Syndrome. I promise you, the majority of Pilots of this Airline NEVER told this union that this TA would be acceptable. The MEC, pissing their pants at the thought of not getting an agreement, unanimously accepted this POS and painted every pilot on the property into a very tight corner. Do you REALLY think the pilot group told the union to go out and get us paid LESS than we made, (in the actual number of dollars...forget inflation...just a lower ACTUAL number) than we made a DECADE ago?

You don't know schit. The MEC royally fked this up and now it's up to the line pilot to clean it up.

Which ALPA national employee is peddling the TA? While it may be hard to believe that the guy sitting next to you is shoving you under the bus, but guess what every yes voter has their hands square in the middle of your back waiting to shove. Every person you listed in your post is on your seniority list, I might suggest you direct your anger at them, I have taken nothing from you, whilst they are taking a whole chit load from you.
This is a classic example of what happens when you let others do your bidding......this industry is like baseball, when its a game, its a business, and when its a business, its a game.
This industry specializes in dividing and conquering the opposition.
This is who you are up against:
http://www.fordharrison.com/
You think that because your CEO and managers smile at you they are your friends and corporate family, nothing could be further than the truth. If you scour your companies financials with a microscope you will find a line that contains F&H on it and the number will be breathtaking. Almost every airline in the country uses them, yours is just following the playbook.
Go to youtube and look for "confessions of a union buster" watch a couple of the vids, you will be amazed.

Last edited:
If this passes, I'm thinking seriously about not paying any more dues. I know I would have to cancel my ALPA life and loss of medical insurance, but I could get that elsewhere. I would then set up a bank account and have the amount I used to pay in dues automatically wired to that account straight from the company. Then if I ever wanted to rejoin the union, I already have all my back dues set aside. If the union is ousted, I'll have a few grand in mad money.

May want to see about the requirement for fee paying before leaving the union. If there is one, then it won't work out quite the way you are planning.

May want to see about the requirement for fee paying before leaving the union. If there is one, then it won't work out quite the way you are planning.
If you read the contract, you will still pay the service fees and receive no ALPA services. If you want to know what your employment will look like, look at Skywest, thousands in pay lost due to shrinking bonus checks, stock, grants ect., crappy 401(k), vacation accrual, substandard PBS system, and a whole host more all from a company making very good profits.

Latest resources

Back