Alaska TA: what's in it for me?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Boxboy

A measly 10.86% pay raise, better furlough language (woohoo!:rolleyes:), and the ability to whore ourselves out even more. These are basically the highlights that I can find after reading the TA, cover to cover several times.
Pay: FOs make less than 8 years ago while captains make more. By 2016, we'll be the lowest paid 737 pilots.
Scope: Captains are seat protected in the event of a merger. FOs are SOL. No other Scope worth a damn.
Retirement: Status Quo
Medical/Dental: Status Quo

Oh but wait.... we get an extra 15 cents an hour in per diem!

A measly 10.86% pay raise, better furlough language (woohoo!:rolleyes:), and the ability to whore ourselves out even more. These are basically the highlights that I can find after reading the TA, cover to cover several times.
Pay: FOs make less than 8 years ago while captains make more. By 2016, we'll be the lowest paid 737 pilots.
Scope: Captains are seat protected in the event of a merger. FOs are SOL. No other Scope worth a damn.
Retirement: Status Quo
Medical/Dental: Status Quo

Oh but wait.... we get an extra 15 cents an hour in per diem!

How are captains seat protected in a merger? Isn't that up to an arbitrator or the acquiring company to decide? Sounds like language to ensure a yes vote for the CAs.

How are captains seat protected in a merger? Isn't that up to an arbitrator or the acquiring company to decide? Sounds like language to ensure a yes vote for the CAs.

See pg. 1-3 under Labor Protective Provisions (LPP). Read the last sentence on pg.1-4 (top of page). It says, "...provided that implementation of such list and of such conditions and restrictions does not in and of itself entitle a pilot from either pre-Transaction carrier to displace another from the latter's Position, nor result....".
Now look up the definition of "Position" in the definition section, pg. 2-3. It says, "Holder of a Captain vacancy award and a monthly bid block...."

This is all lawyer talk, so if I'm reading this incorrectly, someone please chime in.

Last edited:
I feel betrayed by my union reps! It's very interesting to listen how some capt's are justifying their yes vote! Pretty pathetic!!!

I see why guys like DL are so happy and go the extra mile, this contract was crafted with guys like him in mind!!! There is nothing in this contract for me or my fellow FO's

The TA is a sellout! Plain and simple. There is nothing in it for the F/O's. Pre-Kasher wages, no scope, no improvements. No growth, no upgrades!

Went to the Seattle roadshow. The union reps stood in back and were so arrogant. They thought they were the real deal. I said hi and got the cold shoulder blow off like I was a second class citizen. Very insulting..

Alaska was brilliant hiring our old union leaders into management positions over the last two years. Talk about a good old boys club. Our MEC & NC members are heading upstairs if this thing passes..

Meanwhile, they will sit back like fat cats enjoying 90+ pay guarantee's.
I forgot, was the 90hr guarantee in the survey?

The TA is a sellout! Plain and simple. There is nothing in it for the F/O's. Pre-Kasher wages, no scope, no improvements. No growth, no upgrades!

Not even Pre-Kasher for FOs. TOS FO was paid $138. TOS Cpt was paid $196. $4 less for FOs and $4 more for cpts in the TA. Pitiful!

Those Skywest MRJs will look great in Alaska colors in 2017...

Alaska is way to conservitive.. Hoizion had what 25 700's. Skw flys 5.. And this fall getting 3 more.... Had to fight hard, even to talk Alaska into 3 more from what i heard... Doubt you will see 10,20 or even 50 MRJ's flying for Alaska.. Won't happen...

Alaska is way to conservitive.. Hoizion had what 25 700's. Skw flys 5.. And this fall getting 3 more.... Had to fight hard, even to talk Alaska into 3 more from what i heard... Doubt you will see 10,20 or even 50 MRJ's flying for Alaska.. Won't happen...

Amazing how the "hope for the best" peeps never learn. Btw, historical data is no predictor of the future.

The TA is an absolute joke!!!! ALPA has fked the FOs. I'm ready to push back and start a card drive.

Latest resources

Back