• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska TA: what's in it for me?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Alaska code shares with Delta right? Why not Skywest code shares with Alaska since they have no scope. Delta and Alaska could sell tickets on those MRJ's.

Alaska is way to conservitive.. Hoizion had what 25 700's. Skw flys 5.. And this fall getting 3 more.... Had to fight hard, even to talk Alaska into 3 more from what i heard... Doubt you will see 10,20 or even 50 MRJ's flying for Alaska.. Won't happen...

Skywest would not be ordering all of those MRJs and E175s if they didn't think they could place many of them with their current partners. Delta has much tougher scope than Alaska. I hope you're right but never say never...

Skywest would not be ordering all of those MRJs and E175s if they didn't think they could place many of them with their current partners. Delta has much tougher scope than Alaska. I hope you're right but never say never...

Skywest could also be setting themselves up for an "Independence Air" scenario, there Einstein.

Skywest could also be setting themselves up for an "Independence Air" scenario, there Einstein.

Gee thanks, Stephen Hawking...

Skywest would do this and jeopardize their current relationships with their feed partners like Delta, UAL and Alaska as a new competitor? Really? Not sure that would even be allowed under the pilot contracts - I believe Repubic is grandfathered (the Frontier exception).

I suppose Skywest could try it on thier own with aircraft at 76 seats or less but nothing larger due to current agreements (Indy Air had A319s and had to drop ACA feed relationships). Good luck to Skywest if they want to try to compete with their partners... As I recall, Expressjet certainly did not do well on its own when flying out of ONT - but Skywest could give it a try. Skywest would also need to develop marketing and reservation-related capabilities on its own. So, that scenario is not likely.

Last edited:
Alaska is way to conservitive.. Hoizion had what 25 700's. Skw flys 5.. And this fall getting 3 more.... Had to fight hard, even to talk Alaska into 3 more from what i heard... Doubt you will see 10,20 or even 50 MRJ's flying for Alaska.. Won't happen...

The Skywest flying has gone from 4 to 8 in two years...at this rate they'll be at 40 airplanes by the end of this contract.

In that case, there shouldn't be any problem for the company to put that in writing in the contract, correct?

A measly 10.86% pay raise, better furlough language (woohoo!:rolleyes:), and the ability to whore ourselves out even more. These are basically the highlights that I can find after reading the TA, cover to cover several times.
Pay: FOs make less than 8 years ago while captains make more. By 2016, we'll be the lowest paid 737 pilots.
Scope: Captains are seat protected in the event of a merger. FOs are SOL. No other Scope worth a damn.
Retirement: Status Quo
Medical/Dental: Status Quo

Oh but wait.... we get an extra 15 cents an hour in per diem!

BoxBoy,
There are so many inaccuracies in your post - I wonder if you are reading the same TA that I am? It just goes to show that most people see and believe what they want. I bet you had your mind made up to vote no 6 months before this TA came out. I would bet that if they paid you $500 an hour as a 2nd year F/O, you would find a reason to beat your chest, howl at the moon and vote no.
This is a fair contract. We can all nit-pick it to death but the whole package is good. If we turn it down, we will regret it. Well I should say those of us who vote YES will regret it. Those who vote no will tell us how bad ALPA is, and enjoy their self impossed $50,000 plus pay cut as time marches on...

BoxBoy,
There are so many inaccuracies in your post - I wonder if you are reading the same TA that I am? It just goes to show that most people see and believe what they want. I bet you had your mind made up to vote no 6 months before this TA came out. I would bet that if they paid you $500 an hour as a 2nd year F/O, you would find a reason to beat your chest, howl at the moon and vote no.
This is a fair contract. We can all nit-pick it to death but the whole package is good. If we turn it down, we will regret it. Well I should say those of us who vote YES will regret it. Those who vote no will tell us how bad ALPA is, and enjoy their self impossed $50,000 plus pay cut as time marches on...

Did you move to the left seat and crossover to the darkside???

BoxBoy,

Spoken like a true Arctic Eagle...

Would you be happy making 10%-20% less than your counterparts at DAL, SWA, and UAL(the main comparisons being made at the roadshows)? Would we even be having a conversation about a TA if it were captains or TOS FOs with that kind of differential? NO. So, since that is the case with year 1-5 FOs with this TA, please don't tell me this thing is a good deal and I am just a naysayer.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back