• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska TA: what's in it for me?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are you high?? This is not a fair contract. This will put me way behind. Inflation is about to go way up, Obama care is another wild card... This contract is below average on every level... This pilot group needs to get some balls and tell ALPA to start acting in OUR best interest. We need to REPLACE the entire MEC and NC. Clearly they have lost touch with the line pilots and their arrogance is unacceptable!!

BoxBoy,

This is a fair contract. We can all nit-pick it to death but the whole package is good. If we turn it down, we will regret it. Well I should say those of us who vote YES will regret it. Those who vote no will tell us how bad ALPA is, and enjoy their self impossed $50,000 plus pay cut as time marches on...

I got no skin in this as a Delta Puke....but this sentence is eerily familiar to the line DPN and DALPA were using to sell our deal. Just sayin....

What a load of feces!!! This is NOT a fair contract. Check the CA-FO ratios out for years 1-5. Then look at their retirement. Lowest in industry. You keep looking at TOS comparisons but they don't add up with our years 1-5 FOs. They pay union dues and should be treated fairly.

Ocity - "Spoken like a true Arctic Eagle" - Why Thank You!

Ski Bum - I don't see the 10% to 20% less that you are talking about. The TA shows that our F/O's are within 1% or less of industry average. Now if year 1 to 5 pay is not to your liking, then you should have chosen a different profession. I sure didn't enjoy B-scale, but we all somehow got through it, knowing that better pay was coming. I can only suggest that you think long term, not just today.

msmb - inflation going up and obamacare is not really our companies fault now is it? This contract is not below average. Matter a fact, if you choose to add in your PBP you will find that on any given year, we just might be the highest paid 737 pilots in the nation. If we follow your plan, turn down the TA, replace the entire MEC and NC - how long do you think that will take? How long, under your plan to even get men back at the table to try to get more? 12 months? 18 months? 24 months? Your plan will probably cost me and my family about $70,000. How much will it cost you? That is not a plan. That's just not logical. No thanks.

Are you high?? This is not a fair contract. This will put me way behind. Inflation is about to go way up, Obama care is another wild card... This contract is below average on every level... This pilot group needs to get some balls and tell ALPA to start acting in OUR best interest. We need to REPLACE the entire MEC and NC. Clearly they have lost touch with the line pilots and their arrogance is unacceptable!!

And then what, you automatically get a better offer from the company?

This is not a great deal ... Is it .. Ok ..I don't Think so ... Others might .. But This company has a history of not really doing exactly what they said they were going to do.... As nice and friendly as they seem now They could all be out tomorrow with new management and we need to get what we Deserve now... There's nothing stopping the company in year 3 saying that they are hurting and we need paycuts from you guys and we prob would do it ...what happened last time that happened ??? Anybody ??? .. but do you think it would work the other way ... Hell no if we came to them in three years and said hey we want a payraise before the five-year contract they would laugh their asses off...

Last edited:
And then what, you automatically get a better offer from the company?

Are you so certain we won't? Set aside the Stockholm syndrome afflicted MEC and think through our options. The fa's are beyond pissed that they don't have a contract. Maybe we coordinate and organize with them to achieve compensation for all of our flight crews that aren't insulting.

The MEC scary show just posses me off. I'm not afraid of voicing my disapproval in a vote. IMO ALPA failed BIG TIME. The APA's contract will leave us in the dust in two years....they work for a BANKRUPT carrier.

If we vote this turd down AND act like a real pilot group the company would be back at the table in no time! Anything that makes them stop counting their money gets their attention real fast!

Latest resources

Back