• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska returns to Bellingham

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm not sure why Alaska is trying to fill a 737. Why not take an RJ off the PDX-SEA route? Or, for that matter, off any other shorter segment route the RJ has been known to fly in the last year.

I know we are trying to dump the RJ, but that hasn't been successful and fuel prices are considerably lower.

If all this has been mentioned, my apologies.

I'm not sure why Alaska is trying to fill a 737. Why not take an RJ off the PDX-SEA route? Or, for that matter, off any other shorter segment route the RJ has been known to fly in the last year.

Because at those ticket prices you could never make money with an RJ with a point-to-point route like that. With a 737 you can charge the cheap fare and hope it fills up, thereby having a chance to at least break even.

Allegiant Pilots...

All I ask is that you raise the bar when you get the chance. It will make you and your bank account feel good. In order to control your own fate and achieve this a union may be required. Good luck.

Allegiant Pilots...

All I ask is that you raise the bar when you get the chance. It will make you and your bank account feel good. In order to control your own fate and achieve this a union may be required. Good luck.

Thanks. Believe me, nobody wants parity with the rest of the industry more than we do. Right now, we are in the middle of a 3-year "agreement" which expires Nov 2010. In good faith, we have decided not to pound on the door for more money until next year. I personally believe that next year will be pivotal as far as our existance as either a union or non-union pilot group. Barring any unforseen economic disaster and as long as the company continues to print money, that will be the time to go for the big gains, and everyone here knows it. If management is willing to play ball with us, you may not see a union here for some time. If they aren't, we'll definitely do something about it.

There will be a union at AAY within 1 years time. I hope we are smart and choose the one with the most national clout.

There will be a union at AAY within 1 years time. I hope we are smart and choose the one with the most national clout.

I think that is completely up to management.

We made a he!!l of a lot of money during the 1st quarter and they say the rest of the year looks great. With that being said, they can come to us and thank us for our hard work with better pay and work rules now, or risk having a union before this current agreemen expires.

With that being said, they can come to us and thank us for our hard work with better pay and work rules now, or risk having a union before this current agreemen expires.

Good luck with that theory. However, don't be surprised if they don't. I'll bet they reward themselves for "their" success.

Wanna bet a beer?

I think that is completely up to management.

We made a he!!l of a lot of money during the 1st quarter and they say the rest of the year looks great. With that being said, they can come to us and thank us for our hard work with better pay and work rules now, or risk having a union before this current agreemen expires.

That would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath for an "early deal". However, the negotiations next year need to produce sizable gains (better than 25% bump) in order to keep the union cards out of the mailboxes, IMHO.

Good luck with that theory. However, don't be surprised if they don't. I'll bet they reward themselves for "their" success.

Wanna bet a beer?

I don't think for a second that they will.... I just said that they could come to us.

We have a great management team that thinks outside the airline box. By doing so, they've made this a very successful company. The one area they can't seem to think outside of that box is in dealing with the pilot group. :bomb:

Latest resources

Back