• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska returns to Bellingham

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Say whatever you want beech. You guys don't have the money or the will to fight ALK in Bellingham. Argue all you want. But they will match your fare's, and kill you in that market. Allegiant has proven they won't stay around to fight. He11. Alaska has gone head to head with SWA on the west coast and they are doing just fine. People in the PNW WILL pay a reasonable amount more to ride on alaska then other airlines. Simply because they most likely have family, friends, neighbors etc who work for them. I see it all the time. And yes, if they have the choice to get miles on Alaska out of BMI or ride on Allegiant, they are gonna take the miles. Allegiant will be out of BMI with 6-12 months.

And yes, if they have the choice to get miles on Alaska out of BMI or ride on Allegiant, they are gonna take the miles. Allegiant will be out of BMI with 6-12 months.

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suite, is it? :rolleyes:

Let's go over this one last time.... and we'll do it realllllly slowly this time.

Alaska, through Horizon, has been flying out of BLI this entire time... and we're still running full flights each and every day. All those loyal to Alaska Airlines passengers you speak of could have bypassed Allegiant for those miles, but did not.

So... to recap in case you're confused.

1) Alaska Air has been flying out of BLI this entire time using Horizon Air.
2) PNW customers have been getting miles flying out of BLI this entire time
3) Allegiant has had full flights this entire time
4) This loyalty you speak of seems to be loyalty to Allegiant and not Alaska.

In all seriousness, I think Allegiant has quite a bit of staying power in BLI. Our current market cap is 990+ million compared to Alaska's 795+ million. We have plenty of money and very little debt... I think Alaska is going to be the one whimpering away from this deal...

CHP. Alaska hasn't had a non-stop out of BLI. The only thing you guys have is a non stop flight. That is where Alaska is going to kill you now. Alaska has the best balance sheet of any major airline, except maybe SWA. They have lots of cash, and a very loyal following... Say what you want, but Allegiant has never stayed and fought for a route when competition comes in. They won't stay on this one either. Allegiant has made money flying routes that nobody else flys, thats their nitch. Now there will be competition flying direct non-stop to Vegas. Watch what happens to your loads. Especially with Alaskas $59 one way and double milage. You guys are now offering $28 dollar tickets to match them. WTF.. You aren't gonna make money with those. Looks like the Allegiant is already a little worried, otherwise, why would they be droping ticket prices? 12 months max. BTW. I don't give a rats #$% about grammer on a forum. But you obviously do. Good for you.

Alaska has the best balance sheet of any major airline, except maybe SWA. They have lots of cash...

Tell that to the 60 pilots who were kicked to the curb.

Say what you want, but Allegiant has never stayed and fought for a route when competition comes in.

Until now. By the way, it's only happened once, in SWF. One of the two carriers that came in withdrew shortly afterwards.

I don't give a rats #$% about grammer on a forum. But you obviously do. Good for you.

It's not just about the grammar. When someone doesn't take a few seconds to proofread their posts, it doesn't instill much confidence that the CONTENT of the posts will be anything but worthless. In this instance, this is indeed the case.

Tell that to the 60 pilots who were kicked to the curb.

Can you say HOSTAGES during contract negotiations? (Something you wouldn't know much about)

Until now. By the way, it's only happened once, in SWF. One of the two carriers that came in withdrew shortly afterwards.[/qoute]

So, admittedly, ALG doesn't stick around for a fight.

It's not just about the grammar. When someone doesn't take a few seconds to proofread their posts, it doesn't instill much confidence that the CONTENT of the posts will be anything but worthless. In this instance, this is indeed the case.

Seriously? Some of the most intelligent people I know have the worst handwriting and terrible grammar. Maybe because they are more concerned with facts than minutia.

Quite frankly I don't care whether or not Allegiant stays in BLI. But trying to argue that Allegiant is something of a powerhouse in the airline industry is rather humorous. Good luck guys.

According to Forbes Alaska is paying for higher fuel prices:
"
Alaska and Horizon combined have agreements in place to buy half of their fuel supply this year at an average price equal to $76 per gallon of crude oil. The benchmark price for crude was around $51 Wednesday.
Alaska locked in the prices when oil was much more costly"
http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2009/04/08/ap6271015.html

Correction: Alaska Airlines story

Friday April 10, 2009, 12:41 pm EDT

SEATTLE (AP) -- In an April 8 story about Alaska Airlines, The Associated Press erroneously described the carrier's fuel-hedging agreements. The price was set at $76 per barrel of crude, not $76 per gallon.

The story should have explained that the hedging agreements cap the price Alaska will pay for about half its expected 2009 supply at $76 per barrel. The airline did not lock in fuel prices at that level.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Correction-Alaska-Airlines-apf-14901183.html

Can you say HOSTAGES during contract negotiations? (Something you wouldn't know much about)

Thankfully.

Seriously? Some of the most intelligent people I know have the worst handwriting and terrible grammar. Maybe because they are more concerned with facts than minutia.

I'm sure that you are a great pilot. So would you feel comfortable having misspellings on your resume and then showing up to the interview without having shaven or with your shirt untucked? You may know that you can do the job, but your interviewer only goes by his/her perception of you.

Quite frankly I don't care whether or not Allegiant stays in BLI. But trying to argue that Allegiant is something of a powerhouse in the airline industry is rather humorous. Good luck guys.

Nobody's saying that. But remember, we didn't go into SEA. YOU'RE coming to BLI. To expect us to pack up our books and go home because the almighty Alaska comes to town is equally humerous.

Latest resources

Back