Alaska questions...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SeaSlam

Does anyone have info on the lag time for guys with "silver bullet" packages in? I'm curious (not impatient) about how many silver bullet apps are stacked on Majer's desk and what type of time frame the average guy is looking at before receiving an invite to interview. My package has been in for approx 2~3 months. Thanks

Alaska Bullets

I have two bullets, both put in this past June. Don't know the exact numbers, but reportedly there are around 100 on the call list and at least 1000 bullets. Anyone in the know?

A guy who just went through class had his bullet in since Feb '01.

Looks like it might be a long wait with only 6-8 per class.

Keep the faith.

SeaSlam--

What Reserve Unit are you in? I am leaving Active to go into the McChord Reserves in Nov.

What about EJI?

FL510GV,

Have you tried EJI with your GV experience? Are you solely interested in the airlines or have you also pursued frax/corporate opportunities - your GV experience would seem to be quite valuable... I've heard great things about EJI - and if I had military GV experience I'd be there!!!!!!

Good luck

Thanks FL510GV. I know it's going to be a while but at least I've got something to reference now. I'm in the reserves at March in Southern California. We're still in the 141 business but the new glass makes it nice. McChord wasn't hiring when I was looking for a job so I ended up here. Good luck and I'll keep you posted on anything I hear from our Alaska guys. I'm sure you'll have plenty of intel once you get to McChord.

Does anyone know the "lag-time" for people with the "Silver Missile"? I heard of a dude who got an interview within 12 days of submitting his app with him.

I always wished I had good military training - love to fly a C-17...

Quick question for the GV flyer - what types of aircraft will you fly at McChord?

Cheers

I have had my silver bullet in since early this summer as well and have been sending letters into Captain Majer for nearly two years. I am really hoping to hear something soon.

I am also trying to get my inside man to find out what he can. I guess a silver bullet has the ability to "track" their recommendee through their respective chief pilots or flight managers. They don't want them messing with HR though.

Does anyone have any insight into what gets a silver bullet package onto the "call" list? AKFO? Keep in touch everyone!

TIA

I just want to go home!

Silver Bullet / Wooden Stake

Here is what I know guys...

Only one silver bullet per applicant. If you have two guys try to put you in (twice) it creates a duplicate - and one of them will be thrown out.

You are either on the "call in" list or you are in a 1,000 deep pile of "other / get to later" list. I believe that the "call in" list is about 125 pilots deep, but that info is just word of mouth rumor.

Once on the "call in" list it is just a matter of time till HR gets to you. They pull from this list randomly - there is no pool or credit for time spent on the list.

Your "silver bullet" (I prefer to call it a wooden stake) can track you down through the flight department and see if you are on the "call in" list or if you were not competitive enough to make it right now and they put you on the "other" list. That is about all he/she can do for you - just tell you if you are on the good list - and HR will call you in sometime in the random future - or if you are on the other list and you will be waiting a while.

I had one buddy get on the "call list" and was interviewed in two weeks. I have another buddy who is a 10,000 hour jet pilot and he has been on the "call in" list for 3 months... still waiting....

Keep the faith and believe that if you want it bad enough it will eventually come to be.
Good flying to all.

EJI, G-V, the C-17 and McGee Airways

Lumber,

I actually have two very good inside contacts at EJI (Now called NetJets International), one of whom walked in my package... I have continued to have positive contact with them, keep sending updates and they always respond in a day or two (which is a good sign), but they haven't hired in about a year, though they have continued to have classes (from a pool). Don't know for sure but looks like they're waiting for the G-V SP, er, G-550 to come on-line. A type in the G-V or G-IV is worth an extra 5K the first year. I also have several other G-V contacts, but with my reserve job, I can afford to be quite picky, especially about location...

Yes, I will be flying the C-17 at McChord... someone told me that the transition to the mission computer (FMS) was the toughest part, but they didn't know that I have a lot of time on the G-V. We will see. It's a great Airplane, Love those brakes!

Really looking forward to it... it's off to Altus Federal Penitentiary...

Now for Alaska -

3d.

Let me know what you find out about your bullet tracking... my two bullet writers have not had luck tracking my package, thoug it has been since July when they last tracked.

Call List closed end of July

Dudes,
News from my silver bullet writer is that if you were not on the call list at the end of July, you will not get on it for the foreseeable future (your guess is as good as my as to how long that is). So, if your silver bullet dude/dudette checks and says you are not on the call list, time to have a Snickers - cause you are not going anywhere for awhile!

:(

Latest resources

Back