• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska or United?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I heard it would be years to hold Denver at United. And commuting from Den to any other UAL base can be bad. Isn't Sfo notorious for not being commutable due to weather?

All domiciles can be fluid. When I got hired in 2000, newhires could get Den. Based on the high number of vacancies, that will probably happen again some time in the future.

Having commuted to SFO on a two hop commute, I didn't find it 'not commutable'. It simply requires advance planning.

Alaska dying? UAL tried to kill us in the late 90's, when they were the big international dog in SEA. How did that work out......

Alaska dying? UAL tried to kill us in the late 90's, when they were the big international dog in SEA. How did that work out......

I don't think the UAL "investment" into SEA was even close to this one. DL is pretty much moving the Narita hub to SEA, and feeding it with a lot more flights.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I don't think the UAL "investment" into SEA was even close to this one. DL is pretty much moving the Narita hub to SEA, and feeding it with a lot more flights.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Alaska is defiantly dying...

7 JD power in a row, record profits, contracts settled.... All signs of a death roll.

Alaska is defiantly dying...

7 JD power in a row, record profits, contracts settled.... All signs of a death roll.

I never stated that, (deFIANTLY? I hope it isn't defiantly dying) I just said you or the RNP guy shouldn't compare the UAL build up in the 90s to DL's planned build up now. Big difference. Good luck sport.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I never stated that, (deFIANTLY? I hope it isn't defiantly dying) I just said you or the RNP guy shouldn't compare the UAL build up in the 90s to DL's planned build up now. Big difference. Good luck sport.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Thanks, but with lower costs, better customer service, and more departures to more destinations than any other airline, Alaska is not depending on luck.

I heard it would be years to hold Denver at United. And commuting from Den to any other UAL base can be bad. Isn't Sfo notorious for not being commutable due to weather?

I've done DEN-LAX, way easier than the DEN-LGA/EWR/IAD/ORD/IAH commutes I did.

Thanks, but with lower costs, better customer service, and more departures to more destinations than any other airline, Alaska is not depending on luck.

By what metric do you come up with this stat? UAL has more 737-800's than Alaska has total airplanes. DAL has more MD/717's than Alaska has airplanes.

One day of departures/destinations from either EWR or ATL crush Alaska's total operation.

Delta could buy a controlling share of Alaska in a hostile takeover with this years profit alone.

Last edited:
By what metric do you come up with this stat? UAL has more 737-800's than Alaska has total airplanes. DAL has more MD/717's than Alaska has airplanes.

One day of departures/destinations from either EWR or ATL crush Alaska's total operation.

Delta could buy a controlling share of Alaska in a hostile takeover with this years profit alone.

The discussion point was concerning SEA.

......and SWA, WTF? 20 years to upgrade in a 737.

Typhoonpilot[/QUOTE]

You guys kill me with this 20 years to upgrade thing at southwest. You are basing your rough numbers on a point in time when the airline is/was stagnate and going through an aquisition. It won't be that way for ever and in fact will start decreasing by the end of next year.

Latest resources

Back