Alaska New hires

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Define new hire at ALK...

I think there are still those who have been poolin for about 3-4 years.

I would still go to AK. Is that wrong?

Those who have been hired in the last year. For those of you in the pool, will you still take the job if offered?

Last edited:
If my offer is still valid, I'm going to take it. Maybe I'm a dreamer, but I don't want to look back in a few years and wonder "what if?" I think it is still a better deal than the commuters.

personally,

I think this place sucks. Stike that...I KNOW this place sucks. If your idea of a dream job is to be paid lik sh*t, treated like sh*t , lied to like a pile of sh*t then maybe this is your airline. I honestly don't know why someone would leave their commutter position to come here. I'm very close to being able to leave...I won't look back. In the words of Dante..."abandon hope, all ye who enter here". F the eskimo!!!!

ferlo said:
personally,

I think this place sucks. Stike that...I KNOW this place sucks. If your idea of a dream job is to be paid lik sh*t, treated like sh*t , lied to like a pile of sh*t then maybe this is your airline. I honestly don't know why someone would leave their commutter position to come here. I'm very close to being able to leave...I won't look back. In the words of Dante..."abandon hope, all ye who enter here". F the eskimo!!!!

Let it go man, there are 1475 RJ captains that would jump at the chance to replace everyone of us and they would do it for less than the Kasher "reward"......almost a direct quote from Paul by the way....

tico said:
Let it go man, there are 1475 RJ captains that would jump at the chance to replace everyone of us and they would do it for less than the Kasher "reward"......almost a direct quote from Paul by the way....

so your saying if I go to ALK air, I'm bringing the industry down?

So where should I go other than straight to hell?

I understand your pissed but where would you suggest we (dagon RJ kids) go then?
Had my app in at ALK for 1.5 years,
granted I'm not even slightly competitive for it but what the hell. And you have not hired a single soul in that time except for a poolie or two.

Is that alright with you?

Last edited:
Were all cut from the same crap.

Flame on brother.

I know you guys are in the doldrums right now with Contract crap but like it or not its the RLA. At least you guys are looking at new TAs and are not totally stuck with the very tentative notso agreement.

Last edited:
ferlo said:
personally,

Really. If you feel this way, then why the "F" are you still there? Could it be that no one will hire someone like you?

There is no way in he!! I would work somewhere if I felt I was "paid like sh*t, treated like sh*t, and lied to like a pile of sh*t".

If this is your perception of your place of employment, and you continue to stay there, then you are getting exactly what you deserve.

Either change it or quit. Continuing to stay and b!tching continuously like you do speaks volumes about YOU. No wonder you find yourself in this type of a situation. It's the best you can do. No one will hire you and you don't have the ba!!s to quit. Someone can only sh*t on you if you stand there and let them. So, I guess you truly are getting what you deserve.:rolleyes:

Holy Cow!!

I actually agree with Yank!??

What's happening?

I have plans for my departure. It is going to take about a year for them to come to fruition but I am leaving. One way or another. I don't want to fly airplanes anymore for anybody really. The sad fact is this is a dead end job/profession. Not what I planned on but I'm still young enough to do something else. Any Rj Captain is more than welcome to my seat. I don't care how little they're willing to take for it either. It's their decision.

Latest resources

Back