Alaska New hires

unwashed

Total Time
500+
Would make the same choice again and go to ALK?

Paul R. Smith

Fender Bender
Total Time
4:30
Define new hire at ALK...

I think there are still those who have been poolin for about 3-4 years.

I would still go to AK. Is that wrong?

unwashed

Total Time
500+
Those who have been hired in the last year. For those of you in the pool, will you still take the job if offered?

Last edited:

heywood jablome

Total Time
If my offer is still valid, I'm going to take it. Maybe I'm a dreamer, but I don't want to look back in a few years and wonder "what if?" I think it is still a better deal than the commuters.

ferlo

Banned
mohammed is the BOMB!!!!
Total Time
personally,

I think this place sucks. Stike that...I KNOW this place sucks. If your idea of a dream job is to be paid lik sh*t, treated like sh*t , lied to like a pile of sh*t then maybe this is your airline. I honestly don't know why someone would leave their commutter position to come here. I'm very close to being able to leave...I won't look back. In the words of Dante..."abandon hope, all ye who enter here". F the eskimo!!!!

tico

Total Time
ferlo said:
personally,

I think this place sucks. Stike that...I KNOW this place sucks. If your idea of a dream job is to be paid lik sh*t, treated like sh*t , lied to like a pile of sh*t then maybe this is your airline. I honestly don't know why someone would leave their commutter position to come here. I'm very close to being able to leave...I won't look back. In the words of Dante..."abandon hope, all ye who enter here". F the eskimo!!!!
Let it go man, there are 1475 RJ captains that would jump at the chance to replace everyone of us and they would do it for less than the Kasher "reward"......almost a direct quote from Paul by the way....

Paul R. Smith

Fender Bender
Total Time
tico said:
Let it go man, there are 1475 RJ captains that would jump at the chance to replace everyone of us and they would do it for less than the Kasher "reward"......almost a direct quote from Paul by the way....
so your saying if I go to ALK air, I'm bringing the industry down?

So where should I go other than straight to hell?

I understand your pissed but where would you suggest we (dagon RJ kids) go then?
Had my app in at ALK for 1.5 years,
granted I'm not even slightly competitive for it but what the hell. And you have not hired a single soul in that time except for a poolie or two.

Is that alright with you?

Last edited:

Paul R. Smith

Fender Bender
Total Time
Were all cut from the same crap.

Flame on brother.

I know you guys are in the doldrums right now with Contract crap but like it or not its the RLA. At least you guys are looking at new TAs and are not totally stuck with the very tentative notso agreement.

Last edited:

Yank McCobb

Song and Dance Man
Total Time
ferlo said:
personally,

Really. If you feel this way, then why the "F" are you still there? Could it be that no one will hire someone like you?

There is no way in he!! I would work somewhere if I felt I was "paid like sh*t, treated like sh*t, and lied to like a pile of sh*t".

If this is your perception of your place of employment, and you continue to stay there, then you are getting exactly what you deserve.

Either change it or quit. Continuing to stay and b!tching continuously like you do speaks volumes about YOU. No wonder you find yourself in this type of a situation. It's the best you can do. No one will hire you and you don't have the ba!!s to quit. Someone can only sh*t on you if you stand there and let them. So, I guess you truly are getting what you deserve.:rolleyes:

ferlo

Banned
mohammed is the BOMB!!!!
Total Time
Holy Cow!!

I actually agree with Yank!??

What's happening?

I have plans for my departure. It is going to take about a year for them to come to fruition but I am leaving. One way or another. I don't want to fly airplanes anymore for anybody really. The sad fact is this is a dead end job/profession. Not what I planned on but I'm still young enough to do something else. Any Rj Captain is more than welcome to my seat. I don't care how little they're willing to take for it either. It's their decision.

alaskaplt

Total Time
ferlo said:
Holy Cow!!

I actually agree with Yank!??

What's happening?

I have plans for my departure. It is going to take about a year for them to come to fruition but I am leaving. One way or another. I don't want to fly airplanes anymore for anybody really. The sad fact is this is a dead end job/profession. Not what I planned on but I'm still young enough to do something else. Any Rj Captain is more than welcome to my seat. I don't care how little they're willing to take for it either. It's their decision.

Are you willing to share what those plans are? I am just curious.

ferlo

Banned
mohammed is the BOMB!!!!
Total Time
I have a degree in construction managment. I Plan on building projects in Anchorage, and never leave home again.

alaskaplt

Total Time
ferlo said:
I have a degree in construction managment. I Plan on building projects in Anchorage, and never leave home again.
Sounds great. I wish you the best of luck.

FlyinScotsman

Left-Handed Gear Jockey
Total Time
ntenuf
I wish I had another skill!! I barely manage this one!

FlyinScotsman

Left-Handed Gear Jockey
Total Time
ntenuf
dispatcher121 said:
ALK is the Alaska Air Group stock symbol.
ASA is the Alaska Airlines FAA symbol.
AS is Alaska Airlines two letter identifier.

Which one did you intend to use?
Aren't we a little picky:D , you know what they mean!:rolleyes:

unwashed

Total Time
500+
take your choice. I know those have gone from QX to ALK as instructors or from QX to AS as pilots. Would you dispatch for them? fly for them? or become a manager?

Paul R. Smith

Fender Bender
Total Time
I would love to work at Alaska air....

Last edited:

Capt1124

Total Time
The airline pilot profession has been going downhill for the last five years. The majors can't make money so there's constant downward pressure on income and lifestyle. I'm far from an expert on the situation but it seems that since Alaska has no widebodies to provide opportunity on the high end and no scope clause to provide protection on the low end the situation is worse than the other legacy carriers.

But pilots never went to Alaska for the money, they went there because they wanted to live and fly in the Pacific Northwest. The opportunity cost of doing so has just gotten higher.

Dinger

due for recurrent.
Total Time
------
Sounds like a bunch of you need to just get out of the industry.....you're not changing it by belly aching here. Go buy yourself some MIDOL and a fifth of something cheap, that should take your mind off of it for a while.

Of course it sucks that AS (and it is AS, not fark!kng ALK...which if you really had your ap in there for seventeen years you should know) took a truly sh!tty cut in wages. Airline management industry wide could give two cents for your problems. As far as they are concerned, us pilots are a necessary evil. The days of old are just that......days of old. Get used to the fact that it is just a job now. It may just lower your stress level, hatred and general poor outlook on life. If you want to make the bucks in aviation, get into the management side of things. Half of you sound like big enough diks to fit right in there, anyway.

FlyinScotsman

Left-Handed Gear Jockey
Total Time
ntenuf
Dinger said:
Sounds like a bunch of you need to just get out of the industry.....you're not changing it by belly aching here. Go buy yourself some MIDOL and a fifth of something cheap, that should take your mind off of it for a while.

Of course it sucks that AS (and it is AS, not Frick!kng ALK...which if you really had your ap in there for seventeen years you should know) took a truly sh!tty cut in wages. Airline management industry wide could give two cents for your problems. As far as they are concerned, us pilots are a necessary evil. The days of old are just that......days of old. Get used to the fact that it is just a job now. It may just lower your stress level, hatred and general poor outlook on life. If you want to make the bucks in aviation, get into the management side of things. Half of you sound like big enough diks to fit right in there, anyway.
You go Dinger!