• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ferlo said:
Holy Cow!!

I actually agree with Yank!??

What's happening?

I have plans for my departure. It is going to take about a year for them to come to fruition but I am leaving. One way or another. I don't want to fly airplanes anymore for anybody really. The sad fact is this is a dead end job/profession. Not what I planned on but I'm still young enough to do something else. Any Rj Captain is more than welcome to my seat. I don't care how little they're willing to take for it either. It's their decision.

Are you willing to share what those plans are? I am just curious.

I have a degree in construction managment. I Plan on building projects in Anchorage, and never leave home again.

I wish I had another skill!! I barely manage this one!

dispatcher121 said:
ALK is the Alaska Air Group stock symbol.
ASA is the Alaska Airlines FAA symbol.
AS is Alaska Airlines two letter identifier.

Which one did you intend to use?

Aren't we a little picky:D , you know what they mean!:rolleyes:

take your choice. I know those have gone from QX to ALK as instructors or from QX to AS as pilots. Would you dispatch for them? fly for them? or become a manager?

I would love to work at Alaska air....

Last edited:
The airline pilot profession has been going downhill for the last five years. The majors can't make money so there's constant downward pressure on income and lifestyle. I'm far from an expert on the situation but it seems that since Alaska has no widebodies to provide opportunity on the high end and no scope clause to provide protection on the low end the situation is worse than the other legacy carriers.

But pilots never went to Alaska for the money, they went there because they wanted to live and fly in the Pacific Northwest. The opportunity cost of doing so has just gotten higher.

Sounds like a bunch of you need to just get out of the industry.....you're not changing it by belly aching here. Go buy yourself some MIDOL and a fifth of something cheap, that should take your mind off of it for a while.

Of course it sucks that AS (and it is AS, not fark!kng ALK...which if you really had your ap in there for seventeen years you should know) took a truly sh!tty cut in wages. Airline management industry wide could give two cents for your problems. As far as they are concerned, us pilots are a necessary evil. The days of old are just that......days of old. Get used to the fact that it is just a job now. It may just lower your stress level, hatred and general poor outlook on life. If you want to make the bucks in aviation, get into the management side of things. Half of you sound like big enough diks to fit right in there, anyway.

Dinger said:
Sounds like a bunch of you need to just get out of the industry.....you're not changing it by belly aching here. Go buy yourself some MIDOL and a fifth of something cheap, that should take your mind off of it for a while.

Of course it sucks that AS (and it is AS, not Frick!kng ALK...which if you really had your ap in there for seventeen years you should know) took a truly sh!tty cut in wages. Airline management industry wide could give two cents for your problems. As far as they are concerned, us pilots are a necessary evil. The days of old are just that......days of old. Get used to the fact that it is just a job now. It may just lower your stress level, hatred and general poor outlook on life. If you want to make the bucks in aviation, get into the management side of things. Half of you sound like big enough diks to fit right in there, anyway.

You go Dinger!

Latest resources

Back