Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska L-39 NTSB Preliminary Released...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
81Horse said:
Jeez -- you both need a time-out. More wacky accident reports, please; I get all the IRS gobbledy-gook I can stand elsewhere.

HangerRat, are you misspelling "hangar" on purpose?

Hangarrat was already taken. :)

FN FAL said:
Let me guess, you're from a state with a name that begins and ends with a vowel or Missouri. Your parent gives you Ritalin for one reason or another and everybody in your family has jutting forheads and mono-brow.

HMM. . . not. You are a weirdo.

FN FAL said:
What difference does it make? I bet he can name all of the characters on the Simpsons, all three judges on American Idol and the name of the dog on Family guy...and none of the constitutional amendments. Which for Sedalia and places like it, ranks right up there with MENSA material.

WTF does this mean? I don't pay attention to any of that crap. Why don't you can it. I guarantee I am a bigger conservative than your goofy a$$.

Kane asserts his innocence

COURT: "Commander" of Security Aviation denies weapons charges.
By RICHARD MAUER
Anchorage Daily News
Published: February 28, 2006
Last Modified: February 28, 2006 at 05:53 PM

Rob Kane, the self-proclaimed "commander" of the tiny air force of Security Aviation and Regional Protective Services, pleaded not guilty Monday to four federal weapons charges stemming from the purchase of air-to-ground rocket launchers last year.

Attorneys for Kane, 37, of Eagle River, say the two mail-order, 16-tube launchers that arrived at the Security Aviation hanger were nonfunctional and designed to make some of the fleet of eight Czech L-39 Albatross jets look like attack aircraft rather than two-seat military trainers. [ Here we go with assault aircraft bans, those evil looking planes are military style and seen as "not being generally recognized as particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to a sporting, agricultural or transportation purpose" -fal]

But the government, in charging Kane with conspiracy, possession, attempted possession and unlawful transportation of an unregistered "destructive device," said the launchers must be registered in the National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record to be held legally.

Kane was arrested Feb. 2 when the FBI led raids of Security Aviation's hangars at Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport and in Palmer and at the office building at 3230 C St. where the government said Kane had two offices.

The owner of Security Aviation, Regional Protective Services and several other related companies, Anchorage attorney Mark Avery, has his headquarters in the C Street complex. Avery, a former state and municipal prosecutor, has not been charged with anything. He has declined to be interviewed.

Kane was indicted last week along with Security Aviation, an air charter and medevac company. The company has a long history in Alaska aviation. Avery purchased the company last summer and immediately began expanding, purchasing the Czech jets, two long-range Gulfstream executive jets, helicopters and other aircraft.

Security Aviation was scheduled to enter a plea to three federal weapons counts next week, but its attorney, Bob Bundy, said Monday he might try to move up the appearance to this week. Bundy attended Kane's arraignment as a spectator.

Penalties on the charges against Kane range from five to 10 years in prison. Both Kane and the company could face fines of $250,000 for each charge.
Assistant U.S. Attorney Steve Skrocki said at the arraignment investigators are still going through evidence seized in the raids, including computer hard drives.

Kane remains in jail following a magistrate's ruling almost three weeks ago that he represented a flight risk. His lawyers are appealing that decision to U.S. District Court, though attorney Kevin Fitzgerald said Monday that Kane may drop the appeal in favor of asking Magistrate John Roberts to reconsider.

Fitzgerald said he'd propose releasing Kane on $100,000 bail in the custody of someone who wasn't an employee of one of Avery's companies -- a change from earlier proposal when all the proposed custodians were associated with Avery. Fitzgerald said Kane would willingly undergo electronic monitoring, the kind of activity performed by Regional Protective Services until its equipment was seized.

Kane, dressed in bright jail clothes, was led handcuffed into court. About two dozen friends and co-workers filled one side of the courtroom, including his Filipino wife. Kane, growing a new beard, firmly said "not guilty" to each of the four charges.

When the arraignment ended and Roberts left the courtroom, Kane's wife's bodyguard, a man with a shaved head and huge bulging muscles, caught Kane's eye and made a clenched-fist gesture.

:nuts:

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH damn I thought you were FINALLY done BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

HangerRat said:
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH dang I thought you were FINALLY done BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH
US Soldiers are getting maimed and killed so that you, people like you and people who don't have jutting foreheads and mono-brow can speak their minds and that's the best you can come up with?

Physical violence

I admit it. HangerRat needs to be smacked like a little girl but let's be honest...That's not why American soldiers are being killed today.

I thought it was about whether or not the General's wife is hot ...

Latest resources

Back