• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In my experience the guys from Horizon have not been susceptable to the Air Group Kool Aid. If that's what they are intending...I don't think it's gonna work.

Especially since most if not all of them were furloughed for 2-3 years for nothing more than a knee jerk reaction. I'd bet that they will not be bending over for mgmt.

I agree with you fully regauding the CA, they should get first shot and second shot.. Please I hope they all go to AS or somewhere else but the upgrade is 12 years and no real change for it to go down anythime soon. The SIC to apply to AS gives some hope. Not many but some. to my knowledge only 1 FO has been hired since the furlough disaster in 08.
Furthermore, it seems, people that live in Gig Harbor have a much better chance to hired than any CA or FO.

How does living in Gig Harbor increase ones odds?

Didn't you know Gig Harbor is the "Pilot Capital" of the Northwest? Duh!

It's status is fading fast since the paycuts of the last decade, more junior pilots are having to spill out into the not quite as prestigious areas of Lakewood, Spanaway,and SouthHill.

It's status is fading fast since the paycuts of the last decade, more junior pilots are having to spill out into the not quite as prestigious areas of Lakewood, Spanaway,and SouthHill.

Hey, easy now, I live in one of the above!!!

I hear ya brotha. Who can forget the Kasherization! FYI, I was only joking. I don't know a whole lot about the Seattle area. I just hear a lot about the "pilot ghetto" being a nice place to raise a family.

Hey, easy now, I live in one of the above!!!

I to lived in one of the above mentioned...before 2008 slide...now I think South Gig Harbor (Vancouver, WA) is where I will be calling home as a line in SEA is still years away.

Latest resources

Back