Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ClearRight said:
Mr. Smith-

I've been updating mine about every other month or since I applied. My profile still shows 10.09.03 as my application date.

right,

But when you filled out the initial questionaire, did you answer all questions affrimatively? Back when I filled out the thing I had none/zero/zip Turbine PIC. So I was wondering if or how I can update that particular bit of info. Because I distinctly remember a question along the lines of..."you have at least 1000 or so Turbine PIC? True or false".

Thanks though.

Out of Touch

Having been a military guy for the last 22 years, I know I'm ignorant of the corporate ways. However, all of of my coworkers have had multiple interviews/job offers within weeks of applying/interviewing (primarily SW, JB & FEDEX). Alaska is the only company I am interested in, and I know they have not been hiring for several years now. Hopefully the process will now be acclerated and none of of us who are looking to work there will have to wait for very long. Good luck to all!

I know I'm ignorant of the corporate ways. However, all of of my coworkers have had multiple interviews/job offers within weeks of applying/interviewing (primarily SW, JB & FEDEX). Alaska is the only company I am interested in, and I know they have not been hiring for several years now. Hopefully the process will now be acclerated and none of of us who are looking to work there will have to wait for very long. Good luck to all!

Like was said earlier, most of us have been waiting years. Most with airline experience.

I hope you don't have to wait to long either. when your process is accelerated and you get in can you silver bullet me? I've only been waiting for a call for two years now.

USCG-Kodiak said:
However, all of of my coworkers have had multiple interviews/job offers within weeks of applying/interviewing (primarily SW, JB & FEDEX).

Ah, the bane of being 4F!

...actually if you have a Kodiak mailing address like your screen name implies, you have a better chance of getting a call than I do in Colorado...

Flx,

Any word if all 75 have been called? Also, any idea how much lead time the candidates are getting before the interview?

My SB put my stuff through about a month ago, but when I talked to him last week he didn't think the interview machinery was spooled up yet. FWIW, I have 2000 t-prop PIC, current pt 121 checkairman, and 3 yrs of Pt. 135 in AK, but no jet time at all. Wondering if the lack of jet time will hurt me. Any insights are appreciated. Also, my app has been on file since the UPAS days, on the new system since 10/6/03. Thanks for your help.

Good luck to all,
D

Last edited:
My first time flying a jet was on IOE so I wouldn't worry about it. I had 8000 total, 6000 PIC, 3000 Multi-engine PIC, and 2000 T-prop PIC.

Thanks for all the information folks!

I too have been an Alaska wannabe since I first flew in SE AK back in '92. Had my application in back in the UPAS days and post UPAS days. Am not currently in the system due to lack of PIC turbine. Hopefully by this time next year I'll at least be able to apply.

When you new guys get a layover in JNU make sure you pound an amber for me at The Hangar.

Good luck to all.

Cheers!

GP

My buddy just finished his interview yesterday. He was called last week on Wednesday and asked if he could be in Seattle for an interview on Tuesday. One big change he mentioned in the whole interview process was that there is NO SIMULATOR evaluation at all. Just a one on one interview with Celeste Green and Paul Majer. I guess there will be no more worrying over the dreaded Alaska sim check.

Latest resources

Back