Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AK737FO said:
Av8,
I didn't see anyone on the new FO list coming to the MudHen except new hires? Are you going to the Monkey jet or the MudHen?

Yep. There it is. "MudHen":cool: (lucky bastyd!!).

Last edited:
congrats man you must feel great....Now go knock the dust off your pubs study up.

AK737FO said:
Av8,
I didn't see anyone on the new FO list coming to the MudHen except new hires? Are you going to the Monkey jet or the MudHen? Glad you finally get to come up North.
Now what ever you do, leave those gucci shoes with tassles at home! Get yourself a good pair of cowboy boots, hang up the suit jacket, get out the leather and get ready for some good flying. If you are coming up to go on the monkey jet, then you can disregard all of the above as you will soon have pasty white skin and pink eyes, the first stage of vampirism.
Mudhen for me, thanks.
Not a big fan of all nighters.
Can't wait to start the fun flying!

AK737FO said:
Av8,
I didn't see anyone on the new FO list coming to the MudHen except new hires? Are you going to the Monkey jet or the MudHen? Glad you finally get to come up North.
Now what ever you do, leave those gucci shoes with tassles at home! Get yourself a good pair of cowboy boots, hang up the suit jacket, get out the leather and get ready for some good flying. If you are coming up to go on the monkey jet, then you can disregard all of the above as you will soon have pasty white skin and pink eyes, the first stage of vampirism.

Dude, what are you going to do when those ratty-a$$ -200 go away?

Cry...

First, I will shed a bitter tear as I say good bye to a trusted friend. Then I will learn how to type, which also includes the following changes.

I will carry a brain bucket so full of Jepps that my arms will soon look like Popeye.

I will pack my bags for 3 to 5 day trips to great places like OAK.

I will no longer be able to go to work in the late morning and be home in time for dinner.

I will have to sleep in a hotel about 12 nights a month, compared to my 12 nights (or less) a year now.

I will have to learn catchy phrases like VNAV, RNP, maxpowertogorotatepositiverategearup, cycle the flight directors, build me a leg, bring it down, bring it up, make it big, make it purple and give it to me!

I will have to learn how to fly with flight directors all the time, and get along with a few Captains who are certain that we will crash if I try to fly with out them.

When I make Captain on the airplane I will have to get along with a few F/O's who don't have a clue how to fly without the flight directors and think a raw data approach would be an emergency.

I will have to spend most of the 35 minute ground time typing on the box to make the jet fly from OTZ to OME or PSG to WRG, rather than having a cup of coffee and talking with friends at the outstation.

I will slowly lose interest, until one day I am one of those guys who turns everything on at 1,000 ft and has the other guy "build me a leg" to the runway that is right in front of my nose on a visual.

I will be assimilated, resistance is futile...

AK737FO said:
That's pretty funny. I actually try to turn everything off once in a while so I don't become completely assimilated.
AK737FO, I moved up to Eagle River just this month. When are we gonna go get a beer so you can tell me all the mudhen secrets?

AK737FO said:
I will have to learn catchy phrases like VNAV, RNP, maxpowertogorotatepositiverategearup, cycle the flight directors, build me a leg, bring it down, bring it up, make it big, make it purple and give it to me!
Funny as he!!

Watch and Learn

Av8,

You will get to do your 200 IOE with a bunch of outstanding instructors who will show you everything you need including the secret handshake. Watch and learn from them, and try to be as efficient as you can. A few IOE tips: Don't use the flaps until min maneuver speeds (try to be gentle on the old girls), don't grab for the boards unless you are really in bad shape on your profile (and if you are, ask yourself why and figure out how to do it better next time without the boards), don't throw the gear and flaps out for a 15 to 20 mile final, learn how to do the paper work (captains up here pretty much expect that) and it puts you in the loop on every leg. Have a plan on every leg - where's my alt and whats the weather there, what's my R/A, what's the plan in the back pocket should A and B go down the drain? Ask questions, stay loose and have fun! As our base chief says, "fly like poetry in motion".
Seeya around the campus.
AK737FO

AK737FO said:
First, I will shed a bitter tear as I say good bye to a trusted friend. Then I will learn how to type, which also includes the following changes.

I will carry a brain bucket so full of Jepps that my arms will soon look like Popeye.

I will pack my bags for 3 to 5 day trips to great places like OAK.

I will no longer be able to go to work in the late morning and be home in time for dinner.

I will have to sleep in a hotel about 12 nights a month, compared to my 12 nights (or less) a year now.

I will have to learn how to fly with flight directors all the time, and get along with a few Captains who are certain that we will crash if I try to fly with out them.

When I make Captain on the airplane I will have to get along with a few F/O's who don't have a clue how to fly without the flight directors and think a raw data approach would be an emergency.

I will have to spend most of the 35 minute ground time typing on the box to make the jet fly from OTZ to OME or PSG to WRG, rather than having a cup of coffee and talking with friends at the outstation.

I will slowly lose interest, until one day I am one of those guys who turns everything on at 1,000 ft and has the other guy "build me a leg" to the runway that is right in front of my nose on a visual.

Dude, you got this part down. But, clearly you still need work on ordering coffee and shopping for loafers with tassles. Don't forget the bling.

take care!

Latest resources

Back