Alaska Empties Pool

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
lumax said:
it refers to programing "the box" (FMC) to provide you with a specified course to a waypoint. That in turn will give you a magenta line to follow on your nav display.
After that you call for LNAV, VNAV, USA Today!

You didn't actually BUY that paper, did you?

Unit
Scavanger

USCG-Kodiak said:
I just uploaded my resume 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything. But then again, my availability date isn't until next April, when I retire from the Coast Guard.

Gee, 2 weeks ago and still no word? What's going on there? :)

If this text could convey a tone of voice you'd get my light-hearted sarcasm rather than cruel offense... Many of us have been on file for years with no word. Be prepared for a long wait. Maybe shorter now that the grears are getting some grease...

USCG-Kodiak said:
I just uploaded my resume 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything. But then again, my availability date isn't until next April, when I retire from the Coast Guard.

Classic.

ClearRight said:
Gee, 2 weeks ago and still no word? What's going on there? :)

If this text could convey a tone of voice you'd get my light-hearted sarcasm rather than cruel offense... Many of us have been on file for years with no word. Be prepared for a long wait. Maybe shorter now that the grears are getting some grease...

Speaking of being on file for a few years...If you continually update your resume on the website, does that reset your application? Just concerned because XJT seemed to have this feature on their online app. I don't want to update all the time and continually send my app to the bottom of the pile even though thats probably where it belongs with my time.

And Do you all remember the questionaire that you filled out when you first applied at AS? You remember the "you have at least 1000 turbine PIC? T/F"
How do you let Alaska know that you have now met this requirement other than updating your resume??. I applied in '02. good luck to all applying.

I'm thinking you'd have to just put in an entirely new application. I looked everywhere and couldn't find a place to update.

I guess I'm coming back to SEA. The 200 was a great experience for those who get it as a new hire. I'm glad I learned how to fly a jet. Time to put away the waders and find my uniform. I suppose I will be back for upgrade.

For what it's worth...

The first batch of interviews are taking place as we speak. I have seen some of them patiently awaiting their turn in the hall. I understand they have 75 applicants that they will be interviewing over the next couple of weeks.

It is also my understanding that there is another stack of roughly the same number that will be called for the next round. I believe this will be for the positions that will be available on the next bid, but I'm not sure about that. However, it would seem they have already identified those they are interested in for the time being, although not all of them have been notified as of now.

None of this is official info, just what I have pieced together based on what I have seen and heard around the building.

One thing that IS official are the blue suits and red ties fidgeting about in the waiting area.;)

flx757

Does it sound like they have notified all of the applicants that will be interviewing during the next couple weeks? Keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks

The way I understand it is that this first batch of 75 have been notified and have started to interview. I know that the interviews have started, but I'm not 100% sure that all calls have gone out to everyone in that first stack. However, I think they have. I'll ask around to see if this is good information or not.

Mr. Smith-

I've been updating mine about every other month or since I applied. My profile still shows 10.09.03 as my application date.

Latest resources

Back