• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just goes to show how ignorant those who are voting yes are! Or, how blinded they were by the 10% pay increase!! Just goes to show how confident management is that this steaming pile of dung will pass!!!

Sometime within the next 2-3 yrs when Skywest takes delivery of those 120 seat RJ'S, they will be flying more than sea Omaha!

They couldn't even wait for the turd to pass, before they fired the opening shot across the bow!!

There was more than that announced today..

That's what I get for being a smart azz. I didn't check alaskasworld and yahoo finance on my iphone had the announcement split into two articles.

These new flights must be using the South African Airways lease returns. I like how the network planning guy wrote on the "logbook" that Skywest only has 5 airplanes currently or now--something to that effect. He made no mention of the 3 additions this fall. Why tell the whole truth when that would hurt your bargaining position?

Vote NO. we aren't going to be able to stop the rj infection, but we damn well better get paid as upgrade is slipping further and further into the future. If we pass this thing, we have NO ONE else to blame than ourselves.

This goes to show how confident management is in our stupidity as a group. To put this news out while we are still voting on a contract with no scope seems insane. However, I think it will still pass and the company will laugh their arses off at our stupidity.

I gotta believe this was very strategically announced. As if to say hey guys, we are going through with our Skywest plans regardless if your TA passes or not. Vote this TA down and live without your new language and pay for a couple more years or, vote it in and at least you have merger and furlough language and a pay raise..bottom line is we are F'd on scope..

Last edited:
No such thing as freedom and especially freedom of choice. Kasher-no choice. Last TA/current contract- literally no choice as our union shot themselves in the foot. This TA-screw your buddy AND bend over. Taken for a ride, again!

No such thing as freedom and especially freedom of choice. Kasher-no choice. Last TA/current contract- literally no choice as our union shot themselves in the foot. This TA-screw your buddy AND bend over. Taken for a ride, again!
Only if you vote to approve does any of this happen. If we ratify this, we fk'ed ourselves this time.

I don't blame the company at all, now I understand why the company has been so agreeable to our negotiating time line. It turns out our MEC has been standing their with our wallets open and the company pilfering it.

Latest resources

Back