• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If we ratify this pos, its our own fault. I don't blame the company at all, I blame our MEC for putting us in this position. The career damage from this will not be recoverable. We shoot it down, team up with the very pissed off flight attendants, and MAKE THEM PAY THEIR FLIGHT CREWS WHAT WE'RE WORTH!

1.8 billion in cash and years of record profits. It's now or NEVER.

You guys are exactly right.. Alaska management has a plan in mind. They have been very tight lipped about their exact growth plans by design. I think if this contract passes, there will be an announcement of some type. It may be growth using Skywest or another affiliate as contracted expansion or something with Delta. Regardless, without any real scope in place, the moves Alaska makes is going to be away from mainline, further reducing their costs and finding efficiencies with other operators. If this TA passes, it's going to be a disaster..

Last edited:
If they want so badly to grow by regional, then why not have a regional-to-mainline ratio in the contract?

If growth is sooo important that it needs to be in the preamble, then enshrine it in the actual sections.

And don't tell me that scope is "in there" because it's in the preamble.

Just like last time

You guys are exactly right.. Alaska management has a plan in mind. They have been very tight lipped about their exact growth plans by design. I think if this contract passes, there will be an announcement of some type. It may be growth using Skywest or another affiliate as contracted expansion or something with Delta. Regardless, without any real scope in place, the moves Alaska makes is going to be away from mainline, further reducing their costs and finding efficiencies with other operators. If this TA passes, it's going to be a disaster..

Who was surprised when they announced furloughs 2 weeks after the last POC TA was approved? No surprise. Just be happy being a career FO...

Why couldn't they just do that now, what is stopping them? If they really want to do that they are never going to sign a scope clause that prevents them from running the business they way they want to......why would they?

Why couldn't they just do that now, what is stopping them? If they really want to do that they are never going to sign a scope clause that prevents them from running the business they way they want to......why would they?

Which is why we need to get it in writing now...unless they are already planning to...which means they are lying.

Latest resources

Back