• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In addition to Alaska getting back to equitable inflation-adjusted pay, the Horizon pilots should probably also be merged-in with ALASKA to one list, so that ALL flying is done by that list...better yet, get rid of the Horizon certificate, so it can't be undone.

After all, they are professionals, flying fast glass-cockpit (&HUD?)aircraft now, not running around sched.135 in Metros any more, no? Otherwise, the Skywest wedge will drive deeper and deeper, and allow a subcontractor structure that looks easy to integrate with the other (bigger) legacies....hurting all Alaska Group pilots in the long run.... never mind 76 seats, I would insist that if it has 6 seats, it be flown by Alaska pilots.

Of course, I don't work there.... but this IS an internet forum, so I have an opinion.

It was on the pilot web site and 1st class this morning, but now it's gone. They must have found an error. It will probably be fixed and show up again tomorrow.

In 2018..

AS CA 216 FO 145
DAL CA 218 FO 149
UAL CA 224 FO 153
AA. CA 227 FO 154
US. CA 227 FO 154

DAL amendable 2015, rates shown are what they get in 2015.

UAL amendable 2017, rates shown is what they get in 2017.

AA/US amendable 2018, at DOS+36(Feb 2016) they get a one time snap to industry average. This snap cannot take them down. They then get 2% for 2017 and then 2% for 2018. The "industry" is defined as UA and DAL. Wage shown is if snap was taken at today's book wages, assuming UA and DAL do not get a new contract by the time AA takes their snap.

Well, I've read all the changes cover to cover. It's actually worse than I expected. Virtually zero addition to scope and ensures we will be the lowest paid 737 drivers for the next five years.

I hate to say it, but it seems to me that our MEC/NC focused the bulk of their efforts getting themselves a nice little pay raise.

If we vote this through, I will be ashamed to be associated with this pilot group.

We have the best negotiating case to be the highest paid 737 pilots in the industry. This is the most profitable our company has EVER been.

If not us, who? If not now, when?

Last edited:
In 2018..

AS CA 216 FO 145
DAL CA 218 FO 149
UAL CA 224 FO 153
AA. CA 227 FO 154
US. CA 227 FO 154

DAL amendable 2015, rates shown are what they get in 2015.

UAL amendable 2017, rates shown is what they get in 2017.

AA/US amendable 2018, at DOS+36(Feb 2016) they get a one time snap to industry average. This snap cannot take them down. They then get 2% for 2017 and then 2% for 2018. The "industry" is defined as UA and DAL. Wage shown is if snap was taken at today's book wages, assuming UA and DAL do not get a new contract by the time AA takes their snap.

Well, I've read all the changes cover to cover. It's actually worse than I expected. Virtually zero addition to scope and ensures we will be the lowest paid 737 drivers for the next five years.

I hate to say it, but it seems to me that our MEC/NC focused the bulk of their efforts getting themselves a nice little pay raise.

If we vote this through, I will be ashamed to be associated with this pilot group.

We have the best negotiating case to be the highest paid 737 pilots in the industry. This is the most profitable our company has EVER been.

If not us, who? If not now, when?

I agree 100%! I am concerned this group will vote it in with a wide majority. It is embarrassing to know management will be laughing at us behind closed doors. And rest assured this union will sell it to the group just like they did last time. I want them to explain to us why we should vote in something that is so far behind everyone else and why we as a group have such an inferiority complex!

Latest resources

Back