Alaska Base pilot meetings?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

igneousy2

Anyone have any idea what the "base pilot meetings" are all about. Trying to decide if it's worth the drive tomorrow.

No idea what that one would be about but I have never been to one that had any good news come out of it.....

More doom & gloom.

At least they don't have GS running around and talking about 155... err 200, no 170, no 190 furloughs.

More doom & gloom.

At least they don't have GS running around and talking about 155... err 200, no 170, no 190 furloughs.

Baze - Isn't it amazing how most of GS's predictions are coming true? I think that we as a group and put an end to the nonsense. 75 hrs a month will save and possibly bring back. NO VSA or picking up above 75 until all are back!

Baja.

Baze - Isn't it amazing how most of GS's predictions are coming true? I think that we as a group and put an end to the nonsense. 75 hrs a month will save and possibly bring back. NO VSA or picking up above 75 until all are back!

Baja.

Good idea, Baja. Now maybe if we were in contract talks, we could negotiate that type of thing. If only we were in negotiations! Darn.

Baja.

75 hours, are you kidding? You'll see greedy geezers pickup to 90 hours and now that VSA is not limited with the "85 hour rule", it's a free for all. As for the MOUs that people are bitching about (ie. 76 vs. 79 hrs of pay on reserve, 2 year implementation period of the "new" trip trading software, etc.)..... they should have read them BEFORE 84% of them voted for the turd.

75 hours, are you kidding? You'll see greedy geezers pickup to 90 hours and now that VSA is not limited with the "85 hour rule", it's a free for all. As for the MOUs that people are bitching about (ie. 76 vs. 79 hrs of pay on reserve, 2 year implementation period of the "new" trip trading software, etc.)..... they should have read them BEFORE 84% of them voted for the turd.

All the guys complaining about that stuff are ones that voted against it.

Apparently it's too hard to read or understand English...but wait, that's required for a pilot's lisence. I thought it was pretty straight forward. The pay rates were retro, not the rules.

Baja.

Hi Baja,

Yeah, in a perfect world we'd have 75 hours and no VSA with guys out on furlough. But alas...

Baze

Baze,

If the Company was serious about furlough mitgation, they could build lines to 65 hours. That's the contractual line minimum.

They're more interested in increasing the ratio of passengers to full time equivalents (their term). Just replace the term "equivalent" with "employees". How do you do it? Either get a whole lot more passengers or get rid of employees.

Why do you think they invented the self check-in kiosk? Web check-in? Airport of the future? Outsourced maintenance? Outsourced ramp?

Getting rid of those nasty "full-time equivalents."

Latest resources

Back