• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska Base pilot meetings?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Company wanted to build the lines to 70 last round union said no! Company tried again this time and the union said no! To many old farts flying at or above 90 and they want theirs. I was told we have more then 200 CA's flying more then 85 in July and more then 30 above 100. Were going back to a 1350 senority list and it will work. Well not very good for those on the street or soon to be. PDX base Jan 2010 could bring a few back but they are still trying to decide between BWB in SEA or PDX southeast and etops base.

Union said no? Who told you that?

Company wanted to build the lines to 70 last round union said no! Company tried again this time and the union said no! To many old farts flying at or above 90 and they want theirs. I was told we have more then 200 CA's flying more then 85 in July and more then 30 above 100. Were going back to a 1350 senority list and it will work. Well not very good for those on the street or soon to be. PDX base Jan 2010 could bring a few back but they are still trying to decide between BWB in SEA or PDX southeast and etops base.
I was told by a guy at the table the company wanted to talk about the ETOPS base in SEA and the union said OK but we want a 18 month no furlough clause attached and that is where the conversation ended!

Union said no? Who told you that?

I was at the Seattle union road show and the union said "this is not a part time airline, we have no intention of making all the pilots part time to save a few jobs". Reducing the lines below 75 is not on the table.

30 Capt.'s at 100 hours?!?!

We might get recalled sooner then we think, when the old farts fly themselves to death.....

I was at the Seattle union road show and the union said "this is not a part time airline, we have no intention of making all the pilots part time to save a few jobs". Reducing the lines below 75 is not on the table.

This is hard to believe. I would think the second these words came out of a MEC's mouth he would have his mouth filled with a fist or a foot. My Capt Rep seems to think that lowering our hours is our only hope. The hard part is going to get it past the greedy 84%. To lower the monthly avg this has to be agreed upon by both parties and also a Mem Rat of 51%. We need to spin this some how and get the group behind us. Talk to FedX, UPS, or CAL...they ARE doing this to save jobs!

Baja.

Does anyone think that ALPA is really representing you? I'm sickened by how the currently furloughed guys have been swept under the rug. Out of sight, out of mind. Our union is a joke! Other than caring about the top 15% at this airline, there are several that only seem to care about their political affiliations with ALPA National. We have guys here with their noses so far up Pater's ass, he has to fart for them to breathe. I don't feel represented, and the few that actually give a damn about our pilots get brow beaten into submission or asked to leave. The current furlough mitigation plans will have zero effect. The only thing with a chance of preventing furloughs is an attractive early out, but that remains to be seen. Good luck to us all. With greedy geezers doing all this flying trying to pad their 401k's, we'll be lucky to get anyone called back in the next 2 years. If nobody retires this year we'll have 80+ guys over 60.

CP out.

The only thing with a chance of preventing furloughs is an attractive early out said:

Why would any of these guys leave now! They got the best deal going! Locking in their A plan at pre- kash and getting a 10.5% B plan raise on top of the hourly raise they just got. I can't see a early out incentive big enough offered from the company to get rid of any.

This was really said out loud? Wow. I guess that should be filed for the next LEC election.

Latest resources

Back