• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska Arbitration

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The more I mull over this, the angrier I get. $35/hr for a first year FO!? Jeeze, I make almost that as a second year QX FO. If that's your only income, you can't live on the west coast for that. And this from a profitable company, just because some hosers ran UA into the ground? Flightinfo would censor any word appropriately strong.

Guys, don't go negative on QX. We are not (fill-in-the-blank parasite regional), willing to grow at your expense... most of us are supportive of the AS pilots. While we're eager for AS to start growing/hiring to get things moving here again, nobody wants it to happen this way. I was flying after this was announced & reaction from QX'ers was pretty uniformly negative. I wouldn't expect to see E190s for pay freezes here, & when our own contact negotiations start I suspect we'll be taxiing/flying just as, eh, "safe" as you.

$43.86/hr

USA Jet DA-20 F/O makes $43.86/hr. We all know what will happen even at $35/hr. No intent to flame, it is the nature of the business. At the next Air Inc show where Alaska announces they are interviewing again, they will have a very long line.

Last edited:
If you do not think that $@#t rolls downhill then I think that you are mistaken. For years Alaska has said that it did not want to be the industry leaders when it comes to pay. Their stated goal was to pay 90% of what the Legacy carriers were paying.

I know, no flames intended ... I will keep it nice, just making sure that reality sinks in Michigan. Your pay might be next. I know that my boss takes notice when airlines cut pay. I am sure that your boss knows as well. After, USA-Jet never intened to have industry leading pay, did it?

Carl_Spackler said:
This totally sucks. After this the better be growing.

On a side note, pilots have never "taught the company a lesson" for slow taxi and running the apu, etc. If you think mgmt is going to show up at work today and suddenly realize that the pilots are pi$$ed, it's time for you to wake up.

"Our pilots are taxiing slow and running the APU alot, they must be upset...lets give them their money back." Probably not going to happen.

I guarantee you that mgmt know you are pi$$ed, and will remain that way for the next ?? years until a new contract is in place.

The only thing you can do is start saving for you strike fund because I know that every pilot that is still there when a new contract comes due will not forget what has just happened.

I wonder if management would notice if crews started flying lower. How much more fuel does a 737NG use, say, flying SEA to PSP @ FL190? That would be fun to see.

C

Corona said:
I wonder if management would notice if crews started flying lower. How much more fuel does a 737NG use, say, flying SEA to PSP @ FL190? That would be fun to see.

C

We'll just have to find out! FL190 is a little high though...

Just call me #6!

If you always want to board extra fuel, fly much lower than filed, and burn more gas, I guarantee you that it will raise some flags and you will make a trip to the CP's office for a carpet dance.

What are you going to say to keep your job?

Getter said:
Oh Ya, just like they did when QX got their award winning contract with the help of the almighty Teamsters. Whatever.

WTF is that supposed to mean?:confused: You need to stop drinking. Our pay rates went up significantly. I got about a 50% pay raise at the time. Some of the other crap does suck, but hey, it sure as hell wasn't a 26% pay cut.

QCappy said:
WTF is that supposed to mean?:confused: You need to stop drinking. Our pay rates went up significantly. I got about a 50% pay raise at the time. Some of the other crap does suck, but hey, it sure as hell wasn't a 26% pay cut.

When they are done with us, they will come after you. I would suggest preparing now.

UNBELIEVABLE! Flx, let us all know if UPS gives you te yea, really hope they do!!! Did you interview for an intstructor position or as a line pilot?

pay cut

I was very sorry to hear of the pay cuts. I grew up in Western WA and have always liked Alaska. That first year pay will be painfull. I took over a $30,000 a year pay cut coming to HP at $38/hr. Best of luck to those involved.

Latest resources

Back