• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
alaskaplt said:
First off, I am not your pal.

Thank God for small favors.

There is only one way, and that is OUT. The rest is just pissin' into the wind. And he who pisses into the wind holds his brain in his hand.

Talk all you want, but that is all it is.

So long TANGO! It's time to POLKA!

alaskaplt said:
First off, I am not your pal. Second, No it is not going to make them raise the pay by $100 hr, nor did I even imply anything as ridiculous as that. But if the only thing they care about is the bottom line, it could eventually have an effect. Take a look at one of the flight schedule boards in SEA. Nearly all the flights are very late. I have personally rarely ever seen an airplane that didn't have at least one thing waiting to be written up. How long before passengers get tired of it. We have always had a bunch of wusses at this company, perhaps they have finally awakened. All I can say is FLY SAFE!!!!!

How long do you think it would take to briskly walk 1.5 miles. I am with you FLY SAFE!!!!

Yank McCobb said:
Is there any accountability with the union reps who turned down the "latest" company offer which would have hurt far less than the arbitrator's deal? Is there a plan for the next round of negotiations, or is it just a burn down the house mentality? Again, a clever plan. One of absolute futility and one that will NOT in any form or fashion yield anything but a very brief sense of revenge. Revenge don't pay the bills.

So your brilliant plan would be to make sure to hold the MEC and negotiating committee responsible. That will really pay the bills as well. It's time for a pilot group to stop acting like pu$$ies and show management they are not going to take it anymore. And perhaps the only way that can work is by affecting the bottom line.

Actually, as I understand it, their mission was to see this through to the end, to ensure the no-strike and arbitration clauses were eliminated, no matter what. I guess the current result falls under the "no matter what".

As far as any "brilliant plan" that I may have...it has only one point. I retire in less than 3 months. I could not care less about this industry any longer. You guys can save the world, if you wish.

I'm embarking on a new life. If any of you had half a clue (which is obviously not the case) you would do the same. In the mean time, have fun beating your head against the wall. Go ahead...show management you aren't going to take it anymore. That has worked SO well so often in the past. Right?

"I'm embarking on a new life"

Yank,

If I was retiring in three months, I could also say that I'm embarking on a new life. If you were not retiring for 13 years would you still be "embarking"?

Best of luck in retirement. I sincerely mean that.

regards,

Juan

Yank McCobb said:
I'm embarking on a new life. If any of you had half a clue (which is obviously not the case) you would do the same. In the mean time, have fun beating your head against the wall.

Easy for you to say, with only 3 months to go. Good riddance.

My Faux Pas

Yank McCobb said:
I couldn't find "ALASKAN" anywhere among my list of US airline companies. Can you help me out with this one?:rolleyes:

Sorry Yank, I was thinking about that "ALASKAN" Amber ale that is made up there. Guess I should pay more attention when I am typing.

Jetsi

Well it looks like it is time to shut up and join everyone else in the industry. Sell the house, sell the new cars, get rid of the toys, pull the kids out of private school, payoff the cards and buy a good pair of comfortable, black walking shoes. Negotiations start again in 18 months and I don't see how we will ever be able to come to an agreement on a contract now. I hope for their sake, that the leadership at the other unions will be advising their members to prepare for an extended period without pay and benefits sometime in 2007......

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back