Alaska Arbitration

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
qx

I feel for the folks at Alaska, that is a tough one to swallow. The word around qx is no major growth until the Alaska contract was taken care of. Well it looks like there might be growth but it wont be Horizon. After 10 years the only thing that grows here are the ASM's and Managments wallet.

I voted no, but can now say I'm glad it passed.

QCappy said:
What were the changes to the work rules?

Trips touching vacation and trips touching training pay credit. No real surprise since we were one of the few that had those provisions left. The company cannot assign trips to bring the pilot up to min. credit like they wanted.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Mach... but just so Q.C. understands how this affects hiring ~ in our previous contract if a day of our vacation touched (for example) the first day of a 4 day trip, we would be paid for the entire 4 day trip... the same went for training. This amounted to a lot of extra flying to be covered. With that provision gone there are a lot less hours to cover making for less pilots required.

akairman702 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, Mach... but just so Q.C. understands how this affects hiring ~ in our previous contract if a day of our vacation touched (for example) the first day of a 4 day trip, we would be paid for the entire 4 day trip... the same went for training. This amounted to a lot of extra flying to be covered. With that provision gone there are a lot less hours to cover making for less pilots required.

That is one of the details to be worked out (how does this affect the negative bank program?). But reading the award, I believe the trip still gets dropped, you just don't get the trip credit anymore. You get paid 3:43 for the day. The trip will still need to be flown by someone else.

Bank vacation as we know it now changes too. It becomes a day for day with the credit again only worth 3:43. We lost the trip credit for vacation and training.

akairman702 said:

Thanks for the clarification!

Latest resources

Back