• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska Airlines Jumpseat troubles?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This was a hypothetical and was never intended to be public or serious, just spur internal conversation. Don't worry.

From what I understand, which is very little, Redwood pilots are not paid enough to live in base, so they commute on Alaska so they can then compete with Alaska.

If they can't get to work, they can't work, yada yada yada.

I'm a commuter, and it still makes some sense to me.

From what I understand, which is very little, Redwood pilots are not paid enough to live in base, so they commute on Alaska so they can then compete with Alaska.

If they can't get to work, they can't work, yada yada yada.

I'm a commuter, and it still makes some sense to me.

Actually only a few of out pilots commute on Alaska. Most of our commuters are ex USAir, Independence, and USA3000 pilots that commute out of the east coast. Technically EVERY off line jumpseater from a competing airline you take to work is "hurting" your company. Guess you shouldn't let any non company pilots commute at all. :nuts:

Fubi? Fubi? Where are you? I know it's your resolution. Remember Fubi resentment is the number one offender.

Didn't Horizon suspend jumpseats with United over their policy a few years back. I'm remembering they did and it worked in the end.

No, it's dumb for a regional pilot group to start a jumpseat war with their mainline partner. Denying jumpseats to non-union pilots is another matter.
wankstream, peenukle, valuejet, see a trend here?
PBR

From the guy who bought his job at Gulfsteam... :rolleyes:

You bring this up and usually this is about the time this d*p sh*t has had enough to say. I think he likes to see himself post because I can't imagine he has an ounce of credibility with anyone on this board!

You bring this up and usually this is about the time this d*p sh*t has had enough to say. I think he likes to see himself post because I can't imagine he has an ounce of credibility with anyone on this board!

I don't post a response because I've responded over and over again already. No need to beat a dead horse.

I don't post a response because I've responded over and over again already. No need to beat a dead horse.

No, actually that is the only dead horse on FI you don't beat!

Lot's of respectable folks have come up through the ranks at Gulfstream and Pinnacle. Talking out of both sides of your mouth, on your union soapbox, earns you zero respect, even if you're up there screaming!

No, it's dumb for a regional pilot group to start a jumpseat war with their mainline partner. Denying jumpseats to non-union pilots is another matter.

That is a broad bush you are using.... I know many "Union" (read previous ALPA members) that now work for non-union airlines, due to their airline going under (i.e; Aloha, ATA, and others).

You advocate kicking these guys (and gals) while they are down?

Skipper

Latest resources

Back