Alaska Airlines Furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Baja,

I am. I'm just telling you the past practice. Go for it!

This is for everyone hired after May 1st, 2005...... If you had not listened to your daddy or your sugar daddy or your wifes daddy or you wifes sugar daddy or in some cases your husbands sugar daddy and done your own thinking....(not what you typically find in you typical silver spoon alaska airlines copilot) than you would have realized that this place is a $hithole and is likely to continue to be a $hithole and in fact has always been a $hithole........ I have listened to all of you tell me how it is better then (insert large regional airline here)but all of you were senior captains and check airman( well almost all of you)some were just entitlement copilots and some were typical myopic military pilots but you all had a job at the top of your local food chain....You listened to the siren song coming from your checkairman friend(for you military types)or your daddy or your daddys friend etc...for the rest of you....And boom...your little dream threw a rod(pm me if you need an explanation of that term)And now you are furloughed or being force based etc......booh efin hoo.....All of the hiring from jan of 07 on and all of the upgrades were for the purpose of removing the MD-80 from the fleet...period..Those in the know at the time were quite liberal with that information....It is called a training bubble... unfortunateley for y'all, age 65 hit at the same time and the economy took a ********************ter....course the economy takin' a ********************ter could be seen from 3-5 years away......So your out of a job or you aint a captain anymore ore you have to move to a new base....tough $hit.....I have sent about three grand towards the furloughed dudes and dudetes to help them find a home depot job etc....for all the rest of you winey cry babies....get over it...I am making room for someone on march 2nd to stay at this house of cards......yea I lost my capt. seat to some LA guy but I got sick of the noise and just plain quit.....No job to go to but at least I wont have to sit in the right seat and listen to some punk who lands half way down the runway how bad he got screwed........ oh yea and to all of the vsa w************************* and the over 60 w*************************.....none of whom have donated a dime to help your furloughed brothers and sisters....may parkinsons come early to you............................Done here

I am tired of all the complaining about the SNA co-terminal going away.

We have an agreement and we need to enforce our agreement. We cannot pick and choose which provisions of the agreement we enforce just because it inconviniences a relative handful of our pilots.

The co-terminal is a benefit to the COMPANY. And if they want the benefit of being able to have a co-terminal then they need to abide by the contract.

for all the rest of you winey cry babies....get over it...I am making room for someone on march 2nd to stay at this house of cards.....I got sick of the noise and just plain quit.....

You calling other pilots whiners really made my day. Nice to have a good laugh in tough times.:laugh:

If you really did pull the trigger, thanks for keeping me from having to sit next to your bitter, bitter, miserable, bitter self.
With any luck, Lollipop Airlines will be looking for people to do the Gumdrop Mountain run.

Seriously, though, thanks for donating to the furloughees. It takes a lot to give to people you hold in such contempt.

Last edited:
I am tired of all the complaining about the SNA co-terminal going away.

.....just because it inconviniences a relative handful of our pilots.

The co-terminal is a benefit to the COMPANY. And if they want the benefit of being able to have a co-terminal then they need to abide by the contract.

You must be a SEA or ANC guy....Thanks for the well wishes. Can't wait to fly w/ you - should be a blast talking about snow blowers or your local ice fishing hole.

And once again - It may have been a benefit for the CO but it was also a benefit for the local dues paying pilots.

Bottom line - Go blow your snow blower!

Baja.

Wow.

I've been gone for a couple weeks and was surprised to come back to so much infighting. The one thing we can all agree on is that the current situation stinks and management's process has apparently delivered the desired results.

Stay the course folks. It will only get better if we don't implode and let management win this.

This is for everyone hired after May 1st, 2005...... If you had not listened to your daddy or your sugar daddy or your wifes daddy or you wifes sugar daddy or in some cases your husbands sugar daddy and done your own thinking....(not what you typically find in you typical silver spoon alaska airlines copilot) than you would have realized that this place is a $hithole and is likely to continue to be a $hithole and in fact has always been a $hithole........ I have listened to all of you tell me how it is better then (insert large regional airline here)but all of you were senior captains and check airman( well almost all of you)some were just entitlement copilots and some were typical myopic military pilots but you all had a job at the top of your local food chain....You listened to the siren song coming from your checkairman friend(for you military types)or your daddy or your daddys friend etc...for the rest of you....And boom...your little dream threw a rod(pm me if you need an explanation of that term)And now you are furloughed or being force based etc......booh efin hoo.....All of the hiring from jan of 07 on and all of the upgrades were for the purpose of removing the MD-80 from the fleet...period..Those in the know at the time were quite liberal with that information....It is called a training bubble... unfortunateley for y'all, age 65 hit at the same time and the economy took a ********************ter....course the economy takin' a ********************ter could be seen from 3-5 years away......So your out of a job or you aint a captain anymore ore you have to move to a new base....tough $hit.....I have sent about three grand towards the furloughed dudes and dudetes to help them find a home depot job etc....for all the rest of you winey cry babies....get over it...I am making room for someone on march 2nd to stay at this house of cards......yea I lost my capt. seat to some LA guy but I got sick of the noise and just plain quit.....No job to go to but at least I wont have to sit in the right seat and listen to some punk who lands half way down the runway how bad he got screwed........ oh yea and to all of the vsa w************************* and the over 60 w*************************.....none of whom have donated a dime to help your furloughed brothers and sisters....may parkinsons come early to you............................Done here

Did you really quit or go on LOA? Either way, good luck to you.

Holy Cow! You actually quit. I would have waited or gone on a LOA to see what the contract would have turned out as....I doubt it will be what we want but it might be in the ballpark. I and many I know were hired after May 2005 and I have not heard much crying. Most of us knew what we were getting into and it is what it is. I cannot complain about the payrates as I signed up with them in place. It is an entirely different story with those that were raped by Kasher and the company. The problem is the company has the upper hand and they do what managements do...they hang onto it all costs. Look at the great results the pilot group is giving them....why should they be in any rush to change the status quo? With that in mind, none of their games suprise me in the slightest. It will take a strike or the midnight before one before they are forced to act. That is what I expected all the time. I personally don't think you will be downgraded for long. We are having a tough time with reserves on a winter schedule so I don't see how they plan on running a summer schedule with such low numbers. Try not to take it personal even though it is incredibly hard to not do so. Bill is a bean counter, not a leader. Knowing that makes it easy to predict what he will do and you will not be suprised. The company and analysts are saying Alaska is well postured for this and next year even with the recession. It might be worth your time to hold out a few more months.

Latest resources

Back