Alaska 3rd Quarter Profit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not bad for a little niche airline...

Well done. You sure did kick SWA's rear end.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Can't wait to hear Sacka and Lyinvixin's take on the 3Q results.

Or is that crickets?

I think that's great Fudgepacker!!...

I wouldn't have know that if you didn't post it here.....never really paid attention to the Financials of Regional airlines like Alaska...

So....how did Skywest do?....they seem like a pretty good outfit.....must be tough to compete with them but it looks like you are doing OK...Republic?

Say.....with all those mega profits coming in, are you guys going to grow a pair and ask for your pay cuts to disappear and finally get rid of that awful PFT B-scale?.......or is it too soon?.......Prolly need at least 12 to 16 quarters of profits.....

Have you ever figured what with inflation ramping up what your pay cuts in real terms are adding up to?.......Ouch!

I think that's great Fudgepacker!!...

I wouldn't have know that if you didn't post it here.....never really paid attention to the Financials of Regional airlines like Alaska...

So....how did Skywest do?....they seem like a pretty good outfit.....must be tough to compete with them but it looks like you are doing OK...Republic?

Say.....with all those mega profits coming in, are you guys going to grow a pair and ask for your pay cuts to disappear and finally get rid of that awful PFT B-scale?.......or is it too soon?.......Prolly need at least 12 to 16 quarters of profits.....

Have you ever figured what with inflation ramping up what your pay cuts in real terms are adding up to?.......Ouch!

I know Fubi upsets you as he does with many others, but you ought not let emotion get in the way of being rational. What are you talking about in regards to PFT B-scale? In addition, the regional comments cause you to lose credibility.

http://web.mit.edu/airlinedata/www/...(Disadvantage) in Total Cockpit Cost 2010.htm

Isn't making new guys work for 50% less for doing the exact same job very similar to PFT?

Miami Air would have guys work the panel on the 727 or the right seat for free.....PFT....

Fudge pushed for something slightly better....a crappy B-scale.....I call that enhanced PFT...

Isn't making new guys work for 50% less for doing the exact same job very similar to PFT?

Miami Air would have guys work the panel on the 727 or the right seat for free.....PFT....

Fudge pushed for something slightly better....a crappy B-scale.....I call that enhanced PFT...

I think you might be confused. Alaska doesn't work for 50% less or have a b-scale. I previously gave a link to help you out.

About 5 years ago I believe Alaska took a pay cut on average of 26%.....

12 year Captains took about a 21% spanking......

Some F/O's took it the shorts for about 34%....Ouch!

Raises in 10,11,12 were/are a whopping 1.8% per yr with no chance for anything better till 2015?

With Bamster printing money like Eva Peron, inflation is going to wreak havoc on Fudgepackers regional pay........

Hell....they will need a 100% pay raise just to catch up in Real terms.....in this economy, not likely....

My Delta buds say they are going to put a stop to Alaska more and more being the Regional feeder for Delta....that will be devastating to Alaska's bottom line. Deltas Lax base has suffered greatly.....

No wonder Fudge is bummed....bet he wished he had gone to Skywest or Republic instead. The Regional world sounds pretty tough.....

Latest resources

Back