• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Al Franken Wants Computers Out Of The Cockpit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry for all the fast fire posts here but they're responding to me fast.

Notice how Tristar edited his post? He added the second quote and everything below.

I posted a post and the forum put two up.

He pointed out how I must be stupid because I can't seem to operate an internet forum that I have no control over.

I explained what happened and he then added to that post (1 minute later) more hate directed toward me about how I must be illiterate and uneducated and should take remedial English and what not.

Nice, misdirect and attack me when your argument is weak. Good move. I'm sure everyone will buy it.

I've said nothing about ACORN being maligned. I said the Church is worse.

Yes, of course. Most churches engage in voter fraud and aiding and abetting child prostitution. Exactly what color is the sky in the world you live in?

Easily verified from other sources? Then why not post THOSE sources?
You mean like the Wall Street Journal Online? That one was cleverly hidden in plain view. Again, you really should look into that English course.

I just want you to know that just because you shout real loud and find others to agree does not mean you are right.
Did this also apply for the last eight years? If so, would you please share this info with Janeane Garafalo, Michael Moore, Al Franken, et al. They appear to have missed the memo.

The MAJORITY of this great nation agree with me.
Whether or not they do depends largely on which day you ask. I'll give you on a Tuesday in November the majority of those who voted (whether entitled to or not) were fed up with the Republican party and thought John McCain was a poor choice. [Note - I happen to share those two sentiments. However, I did not choose to express them by supporting a unqualified first term senator from city rife with political corruption like the majority did.]

Notice how Tristar edited his post? He added the second quote and everything below.
Yes, I did edit my post and I was not trying to hide it. I read further after I made the original post and realized you made even less sense than I originally thought. Rather that serial post, I edited and added. While I was doing so, you were responding to my original post. Sorry if that's too hard for you to grasp.

I posted a post and the forum put two up.

He pointed out how I must be stupid because I can't seem to operate an internet forum that I have no control over.
I found it rather ironic when you are boasting about how brilliant you are. Particularly your last sentence, which apparently doesn't say what you intended.

I explained what happened and he then added to that post (1 minute later) more hate directed toward me about how I must be illiterate and uneducated and should take remedial English and what not.
We're again running into this same problem with English comprehension. I have not directed hate at you - at no point have I suggested violence against you or the denial of your civil rights, nor (I believe) have I shown "intense animosity or dislike" or "detestation."

I certainly HAVE ridiculed you for being inconsistent, inaccurate, and careless - but I don't believe that rises to the level of hatred.

You on the other hand have slandered the church and repeatedly called others racist and accused them of hatred. That comes much closer to hate than my actions.

Nice, misdirect and attack me when your argument is weak. Good move. I'm sure everyone will buy it.
Let's see - my argument is weak, eh? I'll replay this one more time for you:

Scroll back just a bit and you'll notice that you are the one claiming ACORN was not convicted of voter fraud. They were. You claimed the information was difficult to find. It wasn't.

You repeatedly call others racist with no evidence to support that conclusion. They may or may not be, but as has been pointed out, it is a common technique to selectively use the names of political figures to satirize them. I quite clearly recall people referring to "George Herbert Walker Bush" and "Danforth Quayle" in an attempt to make them appear elitist, and we won't go into the names used against the most recent George Bush.

Based on those, I'd say it is you who has the weak (more accurately, non-existant) argument. Climb down off of your toy horse and don't pretend to lecture me on misdirecting arguments.

Finally, I as previously pointed out, I ridiculed you, I did not attack you. I certainly can do so if you would like so you can see the difference, just let me know.

No one needs to buy anything I say - your poor performance in this discussion inherently discredits you to those who care to read objectively. I simply had fun pointing it out in a manner which has raised your ire.

[Note - I edited this post for an error about 45 seconds after I originally posted it. Hopefully I'm allowed to do that...]

Last edited:
wow, your ignorance has surpassed my interest. I guess you win. Although the Churches get more people to vote Republican and any other organization. I never said I supported ACORN. I read, speak and understand English better than most on this forum.

One more time...for the record. I pressed "post quick reply" and two posts showed up. I'm not sure what you think I should have then done other than change one to read "duplicate post". You took that to mean I'm too stupid to run a computer.

Despite the fact I now no longer care what you think does not in any way mean I retreat. I'm just sick of arguing with people who let Glenn Beck and O'Riley think for them.

Merry Halloween. Happy tomorrow and get bent.

The problem is you go to great lengths to highlight the "Hussein" part. Is he to be scorned or even suspect because his parents gave him a name that 39 years later the USA would be mad at a leader of Iraq with the same name? "It's his name, what's the problem?" Why don't you just call him a "Negroid" and say, "hey, it's in the dictionary...what's the problem?"

I've said nothing about ACORN being maligned. I said the Church is worse. rottonacorn.com does not come off as a very non-biased source for your anti-Obama drivel.

Easily verified from other sources? Then why not post THOSE sources?

Typical racist response, ignore reality and hate without cause. Go ahead and attack this messenger...you are a racist. Stop watching Fox.

I know I will never change your hate or your mind. I just want you to know that just because you shout real loud and find others to agree does not mean you are right. The MAJORITY of this great nation agree with me. I know that burns you up. Get therepy and move on. 2012 is taken but 2016 might be your year. Who knows?

I'm not the one associating a negative connotation with the name Hussein. You are. So who really has the problem here?

You said, and I quote, "I don't recall ACORN being "convicted of multiple instances of voter fraud". In order to help your superior intelligence I provided you with a list of examples all of which are verifiable. acornisrotten.com is certainly biased. It's also VERIFIABLY accurate. But that's unfortunate so you choose to ignore that little detail and instead complain about the name of the website.

How is disagreeing with you or Barack Hussein Obama (better?) hateful? Or racist?

As far as watching Fox News, that brings us back full circle to where this started. Fox News/Limbaugh/Hannity are extremely popular but according to you popularity is no measure of legitimacy. Unless of course we're talking about the Kenyan, then it is an accurate measure. Got it.

Oh, you're a "Birther"! My bad. I should have picked up on that much quicker. I usually spot a moron straight away but for some reason I thought you might have something intelligent to say. Again, my sincere appology.

Even the GOP has moved on from the "birther" movement, but there you are still plugging away calling our President a Kenyan. Any chance you want to wipe your ass with the flag or constitution before ya go?

Just for the record, I'm truley sorry I didn't identify you as retarded sooner. I must be slipping.

I'm not the one associating a negative connotation with the name Hussein. You are. So who really has the problem here?

Yes you are and it is obvious. You don't have to play dumb because you're doing a great job at it and you don't even realize it. Why even bother?

Last edited:
I was talkin to Al, when he said the 'F' word on Atlantic common once... All the flights out their had a chuckle at this idiot out in the real world. He's a goober.

wow, your ignorance has surpassed my interest. I guess you win. Although the Churches get more people to vote Republican and any other organization. I never said I supported ACORN. I read, speak and understand English better than most on this forum.

One more time...for the record. I pressed "post quick reply" and two posts showed up. I'm not sure what you think I should have then done other than change one to read "duplicate post". You took that to mean I'm too stupid to run a computer.

Despite the fact I now no longer care what you think does not in any way mean I retreat. I'm just sick of arguing with people who let Glenn Beck and O'Riley think for them.

Merry Halloween. Happy tomorrow and get bent.
Do not ever compare a church and acorn. Ever. You should not let Acorn do your thinking. Think for yourself, rookie.

Latest resources

Back