AirTran

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jafo20

Does anyone have any info on recruiting at AirTran? What are competitive mins? How long does it take to get a phone call/letter saying you're in a pool, etc.? How long should you wait before you reapply, if they tell you you're not qualified? Thanks for the help.

On a side note

Thanks for the ride home again last night to TPA. As always the "tranny" is a class act for jumpseaters. My seats open anytime for ya guys.

JAFO:

AirTran has a new web based application system. You will want to make sure your online app is up to date. AirTran attends the job fairs and that is a good opportunity to get your name looked at. Of course the best option (like anywhere else) is to have a buddy walk your stuff in, then follow up to ensure it gets looked at.

JAFO:

AirTran has a new web based application system. You will want to make sure your online app is up to date. AirTran attends the job fairs and that is a good opportunity to get your name looked at. Of course the best option (like anywhere else) is to have a buddy walk your stuff in, then follow up to ensure it gets looked at.

Hey! I thought you retired??

Time Frame

Times as listed on the web site are what they look for. I got the call for interview on Oct 5, interviewed on October 12, called for job offer on Oct 19th. Class starts on Nov 16th.
As fins says, It's best to have numerous buddies take your stuff in. The more time your name comes across 'the desk' the better. If that's not possible, the Job Fairs get great exposure. Best of Luck.

Blue Skies,

T

Times as listed on the web site are what they look for. I got the call for interview on Oct 5, interviewed on October 12, called for job offer on Oct 19th. Class starts on Nov 16th.
As fins says, It's best to have numerous buddies take your stuff in. The more time your name comes across 'the desk' the better. If that's not possible, the Job Fairs get great exposure. Best of Luck.

Blue Skies,

T

Are most newhires going to the 737NG or the 717? With the 717 no longer being produced (no additional aircraft in the future for AirTran), has seat-progression/movement stalled on that aircraft?

Lately, and for the next four classes or so, the mix should be 65/35 - 737/717. They're talkng about three more classes in 2006 for around 72 more pilots (13 November, 04 December, and possibly 26 December). The hiring ought to continue until the end of 1st quarter 2007 when the deliveries dry up for a few months, then starting up again in the summer/fall. I've heard 2007 hiring predictions running from 200 to 285.

Hey, I'll see you on the 16th. Interviewed on the 1st, got the call on the 3rd, going to class on the 16th. Yea, it does happen fast. The above classes sound about right. Hope it is a great move.....

Latest resources

Back