• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
did they change the online app? i just signed on (been about 3 weeks since i last updated) and i got another site ...no record of my screenname/password? ive had my app in for about a yr now and been updating on a regular basis

145EXR

According to someone that I wrote a letter for, he also was told this at the 10/11 Airinc thing, we have a new online application. You will have to do the application again.

How the heck do you update your app. It won't let me.

Don't bother, they are going away just like Independence Air. Remember those guys?

Hey mojito,

If you really believe that, then why don't you and 400 a$$hole run your pie holes in front of an AirTran crew instead of hiding behind a keyboard. Stop cluttering up the internet with your idiotic flame bait.

Businessweek had an article that said people from Airtran are taking Ryanair flights for the next few months to study if that type of operation would work here in the states. It said Ryanair is something like the most successful airline in Europe, but us airlines don't belive that type of ops would work in the states. I guess Airtran thinks differently.

Businessweek had an article that said people from Airtran are taking Ryanair flights for the next few months to study if that type of operation would work here in the states. .

Got a link to that article? I'd like to read it . . . . Nothing wrong with trying new ideas, but I don't think that idea is new . . . I think the first time it was tried, it was called "People Express" . . . . . sheesh, that's all we need.

Maybe we can hand out wrist-bling bands that hold ten rides and then get a refill . . . .

Last edited:
http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/06_48/b4011064.htm?chan=search

Actually it's less than a month, only a week. The closest thing to Ryanair here in the states would probably be Allegiant and they're growing at a rapid pace so there might be something there for other us airlines. Here's part of the article:
[FONT=arial,helvetica,univers]

"American long-haul discounters aren't likely to go to the extremes Ryanair has gone to sell basic services, but they're paying more attention to Ryanair these days. "They're on the cutting edge," says Tad Hutcheson, vice-president for marketing at AirTran, which recently assigned two marketing staffers to spend a week flying on Ryanair. "Charging for Cokes or snacks, blankets or pillows--I'm not sure Americans are ready for that."[/FONT]

Wonder what you have to screw up to get sentenced to spending a week on RyanAir? . . . . more than get caught skinny-dipping with the F/A's . . .. I hope!

Ryanair... wow... that's bad... Most Ryan flights are really short.. like 45 minutes ? and they charge .. like stupid rates.. 25 bucks each segment. People do the 'SWA Rush' to get their seats and ensure they get on.. ??

What is happening to this industry... I'm done rushing around and mach 3 to get 5 wheel chairs and 6 um's, 117 folks in 20 minutes.. we were scheduled for a 14 minute turn the other day... not good.. my humble opinion only.. less than 2 cents worth.

Any truth to this? :

a friend of mine tells me he knows of someone that got a job working ground ops at Air Tran just to become an employee of the company to get a better chance at getting an F/O job. Then since he had some flight time...they offered him a class after a few months of working ops. I'm sure there was an interview and all of that but I guess he met all of the guys that flew into this particular busy station in the northeast. Apparently he had no jet/PIC/EFIS time, and just over 1000hrs TT. Seems like a pretty smart move if its a possibility. And if it was true, is this a reccomended process for someone that would like to work there some day who needs a second job anyway?

I cant say for sure, but I did the same thing and worked the ramp for three years for AirTran in hopes that it would some day help me out. I reached 1000 hours and FP and KG told me that they can no longer waive the 2500tt requirement because of insurance purposes. However, they did tell me to send them my resume when I reach 2500tt and to keep them updated every few months before that. Who knows if it will happen though. I can only hope.

Latest resources

Back