airtran

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
VABB said:
Regarding the new material, is the Everglades stuff still acceptable? AirTran=ValueJet.

I've seen a lot of morons on here, but you sir, take the f-ing cake. Yeah, that's funny stuff right there. Yeah, your plane may be bigger, but I guarantee you my crank is -- And I'm still able to avoid stepping on mine like you do! JACKASS!

[
Just for the record, my airplane is quite larger than yours, as is my W2 earnings. What I make as a 4th year f/o is at least as much as your top captains pay.

Your airplane is bigger than mine? are you kidding me? I was just trying to be funny with the hair piece and corvette comment, but it really is true.

I may not make as much as you there shorty, but when I fly it's in the left seat.

XGmaninGA said:
You know, I get really tired of people bad mouthing my airline when they know nothing about it. I can't speak to what motivates others to pursue another airline, or quit after six months. To each his own. I came here a little over four years ago and found a home. I enjoy those I work with. We have a fine group of people here. I have few complaints.

To all of those who look down on AirTran, by all means stay away. Stay far away. I don't want you here. If you like, if you feel so strongly that you are so superior, and would never stoop to applying here, you may send me your names by PM, and I will personally make sure that you are never called for an interview.

Good luck in all of your endeavors.

Well said. Hoping to move down the concourse soon.

VABB probably does work for NWA. They are the all time winners when it comes to blaming Air Tran pilots (among other LCC pilots ) for their own shortcomings. Before that it was SWA. Before that, who knows. But the Northwest pilots just love to blame others for their failures.

It takes a really big man to talk down others while hiding behind his fake name. It takes an even bigger man to think his big jet and big paycheck define who he is. Yep, a real big man.

"airtran
What's the trick to getting a call from Airtran? I have every requirement more than met. What have some of you that have been called done? I have over 7000 hours, been a captain at a 121 carrier, etc."

Buckeyes95 –

- Make sure you actually have an online application (you’ll be surprised how many “can’t seem to get a call” but forget to apply)

- Attend all job fairs you can think of (and can afford – yes it’s expensive), (AirIc, military to civilian transitions, etc.)

- Network, network, network!!! Try to get many letters of recommendations from current AT pilots. (1 good LoR is better than 10 very generic ones)

Have your friends follow up on you status with S.G. in the recruiting department (email or call her, they know how to get hold of her)

Most importantly – Do Not Give Up!

Keep trying - if you’re persistent, it’ll happen – good luck to you, av80r

Same douche, different bag.

I have to laugh. . . . the Snake is back; his boyfriend dumped him, so now he's back and p!ssed off at the world. . . . or maybe his hairpiece came off on I-95 and he's too embarassed to go outside until his new "pelt" arrives in the mail.

Let's see, before "Snake" what were his other handles? T-Bags was one of them . . . I forget the rest.

It's obvious that it's the same douche, just in a different bag

VABB said:
Is there really a difference between a pizza delivery wagon and AirTran?

Answer: the guy delivering the pizzas gets more respect.

VABB,

Good luck. I hope your future works out well for you. Since you won't tell us where you're working, I can't even begin to guess what's up with you. This industry is entirely too uncertain for anyone to think that they're better than anyone else because of where they work. Maybe that's why I like working at AirTran so much--lots of good people, but very few big egos.

The people I respect most respect the fact that I'm working at AirTran, and they're happy I landed a good job with a bright future after almost 2 years on the street as a USAirways furloughee.

Personally, I respect the guy delivering the pizza, the guy driving the employee bus, my fellow aviators, and everyone who buys a ticket on AirTran. I'm wondering why it seems like you have a problem with that.

Wow! I don't work for AirTran, but, I have a couple good friends of mine that have been there for three years. They are both making $70,000 with 17 to 18 days off every month. 7,000+ in company contributions a year in the the B fund. You save your money and invest invest invest. They will each have 6.5 million waiting for them when they call it a day. That is at a "five" year up grade and 15% investment with a 7% return. That includes a cost of living increase of 2.5%. This a low risk investment plan. Now who would want that when they call it quits. This industry changes all the time. If you enjoy the people you work with, you have a good quality of life(18 days off to spend with family and friends), make enough money to pay the bills, go on two vacations a year, and invest at least 15% of your wage.....it's all good. What we all consider "the job" in the industry today, may not be "the job" thirty years form now. Life is not about the job....it's to short for all that. I wish all the AirTran Cat's the very best. Fly Safe all.......SCOOB!

Well I for one would love to get hired at AirTran. A friend of mine just got hired there and her loves it. So what have you. Its that 121 PIC that's got me stumped, got pleanty of 135 PIC. Anyway, hope it works out for everyone!!! BTW some funny stuff on this thread!

stealthh

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back