• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
75M said:
Hey Goggles,

Awesone Avatar!

Thanks. I still think it's the world's most beautiful terminal. Thank God the gov't didn't let AA tear it down. You can do a search on airliners.net for a whole collection of shots.

Clyde said:
Everyone talks about how great AirTran is. The previous newhire class here at Brown showed one guy who left AirTran to come here.

Now, if AirTran is such great a place to work, why would anybody leave that place to go fly night freight?

Guys leave JB to go to SWA. Guys leave SWA to go to FedEx. Back in the day guys left SWA to go to UAL and vice versa. Guys left NWA to go to UAL and vice versa.

Commute, equipment, int'l vs domestic ... to each his own. You don't always get to your dream job the first time around (or the second or third ...) and in the meantime you take what's given to you.

Steeler Fan, you summed it up in that response. People like you and other furloughees just help increase our credibility when attacked by some of these retards. If it sucked so bad we wouldn't have thousands of apps on file. Most furloughees I talk to seem happy with their new life and have no desire to leave. Airtran guys on this board may get defensive at times but we never instigate or slam others. However, I wish those who chose to slam us would reveal a little more and stop hiding.

You know why they bash Airtran they are jealous...Mom said, that is

what people do when they are unhappy,,but sh*t most all pilots are

unhappy....I too would love to move down the concourse but stuck in

right seat for 5 years....it looks like...

Well....Back to the original post... MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A GOOD RESUME, spend the money and have someone look over it for you!.....Then, #1. Email your resume in online. #2. Have someone walk your resume in. #3. Do all this a couple of weeks before an Airinc seminar and then show up with another resume and Letters of Rec (this way your resume will be fresh on the mind of SG and she can put a name with a face). Then stand in line several times to talk to SG, EH, and anyone else that is representing Airtran. This will do a couple of things. It will show them your very interested in AirTran, and it will flood them with your resume and letters of rec. in a way that's not too pushy, but very affective.....AirTran is a great place to work and it has a lot to offer. Just don't get to cockey no matter where you work. SWA was a second choice airline for most people before 9/11. I know guys who left Fedex for UAL and now fly for F9 because they got furloughed at UAL. The only certainty in the airlines is.....no certainty at all! For those who act all high and mighty like their chit don't stink, there time will come. And they might just have to eat words when they send there resume's into the little old airline that used to be called valujet. SWA airlines used to be bottom feeders, now they are one of the highest payed pilot groups in the industry. Ual used to be the pinnacle of airline pilots, and they might end up on the street! Things change!

Latest resources

Back