• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I ended up going with well over 1000, but I was applying and would have taken the job as soon as I had 500 (the minimum). I live in ATL, though, so it was pretty much my first choice. Depends on your priorities.

I ended up going with well over 1000, but I was applying and would have taken the job as soon as I had 500 (the minimum). I live in ATL, though, so it was pretty much my first choice. Depends on your priorities.

I like Airtran, Wouldn't mind doing out and backs for the next 35-40 years out of ATL.

I am around 400 hours short of 1000 and have an interview next month.

I just dont want to be in a position in the future where I am looking for a job for whatever reason and my options are limited cause I im short in TPIC time.

Well, there's another option for you to consider. If you get the job offer, AirTran will give you the option of going into a "pool" for up to 6 months. You could ask to go into the pool, and then finish up your 400 hours real quick and then request your class date. You'll probably lose a good 125 numbers on the list, though.

Well... I *DID* like working there. ;)

Seriously, the only bad thing I have to say about it is management's tendency to scrounge every last dime out of us in any way they can, including circumventing the contract and giving us some of the worst hotels to stay at I've ever lived with, and I used to work for Pinnacle, so that's saying something.

It was a huge improvement in Quality Of Life, although a pay cut for a few years, and my coworkers were top-notch, a great group of guys and gals with very few exceptions.

There's better places to go, but if you want to move to or already live in ATL, you could do a lot worse.

Good luck!

I have no regrets working here either. They were nice enough to hire me when I got furloughed and it was pretty clear at the time what I was getting myself into.
With that said I think the pilots here better be ready to do some hard things in the near future to improve our QOL.... I'm not saying that to scare anyone away, this is a good airline. I just want it to be a GREAT airline. Somebody in a former post said it best, this place feels like a good Regional with bigger airplanes....
I had my PIC time when I arrived so I can't really answer that part of it, but this place does have a VIABLE BUSINESS PLAN, which most every other airline does not...
-TC

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back