• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran Union Board endorses TA w/ qulifications

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Being a military guy I am kind of new to this game but would someone please answer me these questions:

1) Can we demand that our union take a vote next week after we see full version, prior to wasting any money on roadshows? If so let's get the ball rollin'.
You could draft a resolution, but that's no guarantee that they'll do it and there's no other way to "force" the BOD to do anything short of recalling them which takes time.

2) How do we get the NC replaced now? Can someone start a signiture sheet in the crew room and get a certain number of signitures? What is the process?
You draft a resolution or pressure the BOD into doing it by threatening to recall THEM if they don't. Signature sheets help...

3) Will someone start the recall process for the BOD? I specifically asked MG (Dom. Rep) on Monday why they were voting on something before we had Q and A in writing. He shrugged his shoulders and played ignorant. Now I know is wasn't playing.
I'm already hearing the beginnings of that. Again, the recall process is lengthy and it's unlikely you'll get it completed before this thing goes to a vote which, now that it's officially been declared a T.A. by the MEC, is actually required by the RLA.

Recall these SOBs now. I am afraid to say it but the word collusion is starting to come to mind.
It's either that or complete ignorance (or incompetence).

The NC Chair at the very LEAST has to go, and the rest of the NC and BOD put on a VERY SHORT LEASH.

The following is a reason to vote no also. The block times in the bid packet are not based on the published schedule anymore but rather on the average block times in the past. So if you underblock(not that I ever do;) you will start eating away at future pay.

Flight Pay Computation
Core credit time-
Based upon median actual block times from same 3 month periods from the last year.
If no previous measurement (i.e. new destination) median actual flight planning numbers will be used until a measuring period exists.

Don't forget those pay rates at the 15 year scale will only benefit a very small few and most of them will be Midwest guys....I think this money would be used more effectively as per diem increase etc.....

It doesn't work like the CRJ, doesn't depend on brake position at all.

The main cabin door being closed is recorded by ACARS, regardless of brake position or other doors (service, cargo, etc). It's on the 2nd page of the OOOI screen (Out, Off, On, In).

When the aircraft exceeds a certain speed for a certain amount of time (I'm told it's >4 kts for >3 seconds but nothing in writing), you can see the "OUT" time appear on the ACARS (on the 1st page). This is what they want to use.

Problem is after the main door is closed, the slides have to be armed, cross-checked, flight attendants verify everyone is down, then you run the last of the before start checklist items and request a push clearance.

You're GOING to give up 2-3 minutes at least every single push and, in large cities or with some pax who insist on getting up to get something out of the overhead or a couple bags that show up late, you're going to hit 5 minutes pretty regularly.

Additionally, the flight attendants have a "me, too" clause in their contract. We give this up, and the flight attendants give it up, too, unwillingly and, in all likelihood, pretty unhappily.

It's a lose-lose proposition and does nothing but save the company money.

thank you for the info lear. what does the npa charge you guys for dues (1.95% at alpa)?

Being a military guy I am kind of new to this game but would someone please answer me these questions:

1) Can we demand that our union take a vote next week after we see full version, prior to wasting any money on roadshows? If so let's get the ball rollin'.

2) How do we get the NC replaced now? Can someone start a signiture sheet in the crew room and get a certain number of signitures? What is the process?

3) Will someone start the recall process for the BOD? I specifically asked MG (Dom. Rep) on Monday why they were voting on something before we had Q and A in writing. He shrugged his shoulders and played ignorant. Now I know is wasn't playing.

Recall these SOBs now. I am afraid to say it but the word collusion is starting to come to mind. I think the membership needs to hire a lawyer to take on our own people. The company has done it. They have split our pilot group. No one has any faith in our BOD or NC anymore.

Let's get the ball rolling on these issues now while we still have time to gain back all the leverage our incompetent BOD/NC has just given away.

if the npa uses roberts rules of order and it is built into their constitution and by laws like it is at alpa, you can use these to a good effect (as most elected leaders simply do not know them that well). you could use them in essence to run a meeting away from their published agenda's. but mostly have strength in numbers to obtain what you wish to accomplish.

I am afraid to say it but the word collusion is starting to come to mind.

I was thinking the same thing. This is way too fishy. Nobody could be stupid enough to agree to this thinking the pilot group would be happy about it. Throw in some type of under the table deal or whatever and well you know...

I am not a conspiracy theorist but this thing reeks of a morning growler.

So what is "market rate" for a first year FO?

Am I going to take a paycut to $38.50 for the remainder of my first year? AND not have the high-paying reserve language anymore either?

How the hell do I pay the mortgage?

Why am I taking a paycut when the company has been in the black for how many years now AND just placed an order for an additional 15 airplanes?

I may not be able to vote here, but help me out guys!

Crashman,

Fill out KG's survey that was in your mailbox. There is a question on there about what you think of management. Answer that and your voice will be heard (at least a little).

The senior Capts. that throw junior guys under the bus should be put on a list so everyone knows who they are. There could be a running tally on BD's website.

So what is "market rate" for a first year FO?

Am I going to take a paycut to $38.50 for the remainder of my first year? AND not have the high-paying reserve language anymore either?

How the hell do I pay the mortgage?

Why am I taking a paycut when the company has been in the black for how many years now AND just placed an order for an additional 15 airplanes?

I may not be able to vote here, but help me out guys!

I thought first year pay stayed the same. If what you say is true there is yet another reason to vote no. Do we really need a bunch of road shows? Cant we just vote no now?

Latest resources

Back