• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran to announce new city

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, in that regard, I guess CVG would make more sense. . . only one airline serving it, and you say they have belt loaders there, too? Woo-hoo!

I thought we were going to have to march 'em out on the tarmac, like DCI. . . . Belt loaders will be a step up . . . err, no pun intended.

As for PHX- I don't pick 'em; I just calls 'em like I sees 'em.

General Lee said:
Off load the pax on cargo belts---sounds about right to me. Bye Bye--General Lee

...And they'll be standing in line for it.

New cities? Me thinks CUN and PHX.

Last edited:
-9Capt said:
...And they'll be standing in line for it.

New cities? Me thinks CUN and PHX.

You're right. With our new Simplifares, they will be looking at yours and then going on ours, especially with our perks like a real frequent flyer program. But, I forgot, you do have Elton.....

I think your new cities will be Lansing, MI and Youngstown, OH.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Ty Webb said:
Well, in that regard, I guess CVG would make more sense. . . only one airline serving it, and you say they have belt loaders there, too? Woo-hoo!

I thought we were going to have to march 'em out on the tarmac, like DCI. . . . Belt loaders will be a step up . . . err, no pun intended.

Ty,

You're gonna have to build a new terminal at CVG for new gates, and we know how your airline doesn't really do that. Besides ATL, where else are you attempting to build your own terminal? (I know you are getting some used ones in DFW.....)

You may go to PHX, but I sense another Flint-like city may be in your future, like Lansing or maybe LaCrosse, WI......? You could start LGA serive to all of those, with Saturday service to FLL....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Ty Webb said:

Put the pax in QC pallets and K-load them. Bulk loaded people are far too slow.

General Lee said:
You're right. With our new Simplifares, they will be looking at yours and then going on ours, especially with our perks like a real frequent flyer program.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Yeah, but we'll be making money doing it.

You're gonna have to build a new terminal at CVG for new gates, and we know how your airline doesn't really do that. Besides ATL, where else are you attempting to build your own terminal?

See the above, General. We're a business, not a charity.

Hey NWAREDTAIL... Chill out... Didnt you guys almost run a DC-10 out gas with your fine MX dept... Hope those guys sleep good ..

I can elaborate if you like... or how bout this other little problem in DTW...twice as I recall..... We can go on all day if you like ...

The bottom line is .. The people doing the job decide what they will or wont do.. Maint techs, Pilots, FA's and Management. That is why each of us have to be extremely safe and operate slowly and carefully... What good is all the efficiency if you compromise safety. Please ,Red Rudder keep your comments quiet and reflect upon your own backyard first... No Airline is 100% all the time. Believe me, Red Rudder isnt 100 % everyday... Neither is Ol Forklift.

We all must strive to do the best we can every day.. Thats how we do it AirTran. How bout over at the RedTail ramp?

I believe Puerto Rico... Seatle... and St Louis... We'll probably start MSP - SEA this summer.. LOLOL

nwaredtail said:
Does anyone at Airtran asked "Forklift Joe" if he sleeps well at night knowing his maintanence procedures killed a few hundred people when he worked at American in the late 70's?

Spoken like a true idiot. How many have you guys put in the dirt over there? Yup. That's what I thought. And how many NWA pilots does it take to fly a plane . . . three and a fifth . . . . blah-blah-blah.

KMAMF

Guys lets chill a little here. Redfag just wants to get a flame. It proves that not all Pilots are stand-up people and that he is the lower form of Pilots and thought in NWA, dont bite.

General,

Your simple fares affect only 6% of our routes. Most of that is used to attack you code-share partners and JBLU. But it has cost DAL million and put downward pressure on revenues.

If we did move the operation to CVG (I like it) I am sure gates would be found with little trouble, but the impact to your bottom line would be great. Just be glad we are in DAY and not CVG, unless you neeed a ride.

Remember you heard it here first. San Juan. Probably a few flights a week to start. More later in the summer.....

Latest resources

Back