• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
-9Capt said:
(In my best General Lee voice) "Yeah but Song flys to all 3 NYC airports..."

You can have one of them---EWR $ucks.

Bye Bye--General Lee

"Song does well"

Okay General you win, Song is profitable, after all, they said so!

Dizel8 said:
"Song does well"

Okay General you win, Song is profitable, after all, they said so!

Yeah, I do win. Ya see, when someone in authority (like a CEO) says something in public (or quoted in an article), he/she can be held accountable. It is called "Sarbanes Oxley"---a bill that was passed in Congress. I know that is hard for you to grasp, but just try. You can't lie in public anymore. Grinstein had an article last March (?) that stated Song was profitable. It may be by $1, I don't know. If it were doing poorly, don't you think it would have been stopped by now? We are adding 12 more 757s to Song. Please think about it, and try to understand that these people running these companies, yours and mine, have the real picture and make huge decisions that can be reviewed by stockholders in court if necessary. If he were to add 12 more 757s to a money losing operation, he would be taken to the grill for that. He must like something in Song, because he could easily keep the 12 757s at mainline.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Mr.B said:
Your never-got-hired-by-the-big-boys attitude clearly rears its ugly head in this most moronic post. Spoken like a true critter.

shove your got-hired-by-the-big-boys-then-got-furloughed attitude up your a$$! who the f@&^ do you think you are? some almighty guy that got hired by a major in the eighties or nineties and got f-ed. i can guarantee you that the requirements to be hired at FL now, are more stringent than the majors were when you got hired. pull your head out of your a$$ and realize what the industry is, as it is. not saying i like it, but i like where i am, and you obviously don't.

BSkin said:
shove your got-hired-by-the-big-boys-then-got-furloughed attitude up your a$$! who the f@&^ do you think you are? some almighty guy that got hired by a major in the eighties or nineties and got f-ed. i can guarantee you that the requirements to be hired at FL now, are more stringent than the majors were when you got hired. pull your head out of your a$$ and realize what the industry is, as it is. not saying i like it, but i like where i am, and you obviously don't.

Wait, you had an 8 hour SAT style test, a tough physical, a psych exam with a doctor, and a spatial test holding objects while balancing? We had astronaut testing in '96---it was crazy. And, I passed! Then I did the 727FE course, which is ten times harder than any other commercial plane. Look where that got me....(I still enjoy the job)

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
General Lee said:
Wait, you had an 8 hour SAT style test, a tough physical, a psych exam with a doctor, and a spatial test holding objects while balancing? We had astronaut testing in '96---it was crazy. And, I passed! Then I did the 727FE course, which is ten times harder than any other commercial plane. Look where that got me....(I still enjoy the job)

Bye Bye--General Lee

Trust me, I had heard of the process there at Delta, and was, at one point, hoping for a chance to go through it. Never had the opportunity, which is probably good, because I'd most likely be furloughed had I gotten in (99-00), or at any of the other majors at the time, maybe not CO and definately not LUV. My point being, to the tool above, was strictly from the flight experience side.

We all have to enjoy the job, otherwise we'd be going crazy or using the time spent on this forum for further education for another career!

GL,

yeah, EWR sucks.

I worked out of CVG in terminal C for 3 years so yeah I've been there. Things may have changed a little, you DAL still use A much or is that for those little jets.

Latest resources

Back