AirTran to announce new city

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Fly-By-Cable

Joe Jeonard mentioned today in his presentation at Ramond James that AirTran will announce new city in a couple of weeks and 2 more in the second half of the year.

Any guesses?

the local paper here (STL) had an article a few weeks ago about negotiating with AT for a few flights to St. Louis. That would be great for me.....anyone else with a good rumor?

Does anyone at Airtran asked "Forklift Joe" if he sleeps well at night knowing his maintanence procedures killed a few hundred people when he worked at American in the late 70's?

It's in the new Ops Specs Bulletin- CVG.

Just kidding, General Lee, you can unbunch now.:cool:

Seriously, my prediction:

PHX . . . . followed by SEA, SJU.

Who ever is the highest bidder. The sad part about this type of "hold up" service is it will catch on with other carriers (unless Congress puts a stop to it). Once the shake out is over, and the carriers redeploy into the highest yielding markets, you'll have all sized markets, including former hubs offering travel bank cash for service. Thems that ante up will get the service, and those that don't...won't. Nothing more than a new form of the old regulated guaranteed profit.

Blah, blah, blah. Joe's back. Never has anything positive to say . . . . But he's always here to complain when another city's business community puts together a package to attract Airtran. . . . GMABYFDA.

I believe I carried your whiny butt from ICT to MDW on more than one occasion, yet here you are on an anonymous message board bad-mouthing us? What a pathetic pile of puke.

Squawk, Squawk, thump.

Last edited:
PHX - in the next couple of weeks

SAN, SEA or PDX - in second half of year

San Juan and Cozumel next year.

Within five years - London, Frankfurt and Paris - Boeing 787

Put it on your calenders.

Ty Webb said:
It's in the new Ops Specs Bulletin- CVG.

Just kidding, General Lee, you can unbunch now.:cool:

Seriously, my prediction:

PHX . . . . followed by SEA, SJU.

Oh, snap, you got me there for one second. But, I guess you could use the new DHL cargo facility they will be dumping for the ABX ramp in Wilmington, OH. Off load the pax on cargo belts---sounds about right to me. And, PHX would be smart, with DL and AWA flights already serving ATL. Go for it.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back