• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran to add 2,500 jobs in Georgia over 5 years

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In the food for thought category---I've flown; military, charter ops (part 125 and 135 worldwide) and 121. By far the most challenging were charter ops. However with that said, in my opinion, most companies (121) feel that there is a wide variety of training/captain development on the 135 side vs. the 121 side and that they want you to have that 121 stink on you. For instance; 121 training requirements (core curriculum (sp?)) is more thorough because of FAA mandated sylabii. The charter side in my experience was more focused on aircraft specific ops rather than; CRM, aircraft security training, etc. Just a guess. Also, most airline have a Captain "charm" school that you must attend before upgrade.

180ToTheMarker said:
I'm sure Uppercrust will chime in and let us know the real reason. :laugh:

A legend in his own mind . . . . and King of his parent's basement.

The only reptile I "own" is your Mom . . . . speaking of pets, how's the gerbil up your kiester?

You know, I'm just amazed that there hasn't been someone to ask KG about it yet. I asked SG about it a while back and she said that's just what she's been instructed to look for.

As far as domiciles go, I second the motion for BWI. I live in Nashville but there are a TON of flights every day from BNA to BWI, including a bunch on SWA. As it is now I just got bumped for the 3rd commute attempt in a row and had to drive... again. Costing me $200 a month more than I had planned on because I can't commute. Hell, open a base ANYWHERE that Southwest goes from BNA, even a virtual one!!

Ty Webb said:
The only reptile I "own" is your Mom . . . . speaking of pets, how's the gerbil up your kiester?

Great. ANOTHER wasted sip of beer! Two minutes of straight laughing... priceless.

AVR146FO said:
So does this mean the likelyhood of any other domiciles other than ATL are out of the question? Man, I sure wish they would decide to open a crew base a little closer to God's country - (KANSAS!):)

Kansas is fly-over country, not God's Country. That would be Colorado.

Trust me, if they begin to have trouble finding pilots, they'll drop that requirement like a bad habit. However, the chances of that happening are not very good.

It's a frigging stupid requirement, everyone knows this. A corporate guy with 5000 hours of PIC time in a BBJ is less qualified than someone with 500 hours of PIC in a CapeAir 402. Insanely stupid. But what can we do? Perhaps one day KG will realize the stupidity of this and then number of very qualified applicants that they are missing out on.

BTW, I've done both too, and 121 flying is EASY. Way easier than 91 corporate and 135. It's not even close.

Latest resources

Back