AirTran to add 2,500 jobs in Georgia over 5 years

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thank you CapnVegetto for your advise.
I was only interpreting the requirements set forth from AirTran.
There are the one's that have the 121 requirement not me.

For the record, there are many of us here at airTran that don't like that requirement either.

I have two good friends who want on here and have been applying for several years. One is at Mesaba and logged 400 hours of PIC before he got bumped back to the right seat... just not quite there but a 7-year Part 121 veteran. Something tells me he'd do just fine.

The other is a Lear driver who worked at USAirways for a couple of years before the "big furlough" hit, now he's back to Lears. He probably has 6,000 or 7,000 hours of 135 Lear PIC time, does all his training at Flight Safety in Tucson every 6 months, top-notch pilot, but he's not touchable here.

It's an old story, the moral of which is: if you don't like it, pissing and moaning about it here isn't the answer. eMail Klaus directly, everyone's email address at this company is easy to find. Reminds me of all those people who would get screwed, have valid grievances, then just b*tch about it and never file the grievance.

Sometimes you gotta suck it up and take some action. I'm sure it could be done in a very tactful way to not ruin your chances of getting a job here but still get the point across.

Well, it seems like every airline has hoops that they want you to jump through, this, to me, is just a particularly stupid hoop. Most require 1000 turbine PIC. FedEx and UPS require internal recs. SWA requires a 737 type, Airtran requires 500 121 PIC. The part that gets me is it's 500 121 PIC or the military equivilent. If you fly corporate or 135, then you're apparently not good enough in their eyes to pull gear in a McBoeing. It totally sucks and is completely stupid. Lear70's 2 friends are two perfect examples of why it is a stupid policy. 7 years in 121? Nope. 7000 hours of jet PIC in a Learjet, as well as plenty of 121 experience? Nope.

I honestly have no interest in a job at AirTran. I'm happy where I am. But I have friends that are. I just plain and simple think that it is a flaming stupid policy.

CapnVegetto said:
BTW, I've done both too, and 121 flying is EASY. Way easier than 91 corporate and 135. It's not even close.

121 Flying isn't easier, unless you're just along for the ride. JUst a different set of "gotcha's". From your profile, it looks like you didn' get the opportunity to find out.

I think all of these requirements are ridiculous too, but companys have to set some minimum to cut down on the enormous amount of resumes. I think it's stupid that JetBlue has the 1000 hrs in an aircraft over 20,0000#. I flew 1900's for several years which weigh less than 20k#, so I couldn't apply to them. Total BS, but's it's their way of making a big pile of resumes into a smaller one.

bizicmo said:
If you were a 121 pilot you would know.

I call BS on that. Why don't you tell him (and the rest of us who are 121) what he does not know.

You made the call... now back it up.

Respectfully,

fareview

Again fareview I'll refer to my later post that states
I was only interpreting the requirements set forth from AirTran.
There are the one's that have the 121 requirement, not me.

Latest resources

Back