• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran TA Results

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Since I am on first year pay and on RSV I am glad I don't have to take a pay cut"

You didn't read the contract!

Good job guys! They really only need to fix 3-5 things and it would be ok.
1.-Scope (why cant Airtran pilots fly them with a different pay rate for a 86 seat aircraft?)
2-Insurance
3-Reserve
4-1st year pay

Happy about your not taking a cut...what about:

Door close
Retro-pay
bump in B-fund

lot's more than just 3-5 things....

Dont forget perdiem. 9 years with no change isnt going to work. And lets keep our day dollars(I dont pay for my uniform anymore).

I am glad that this thing got voted down, but 13% of us did not vote? WTFO. 13% of 1600 is 208.

I am sorry but those 208 people are pathetic. We are not voting for class clown here. This your career. F'in losers...

If those 13% would have voted no, we would have a 75-25 split with more bargaining power.

Pathetic.

Top of the list, probably scabs....

Well said xpdriver. Congrats to you guys. Glad you didn't settle for that rediculous TA. Way to stick it to Forklift Joe. Don't trust anything that guy says. Keep up the good work for making this industry better for all of us.

just curious, is this the first TA or te second TA that has been voted down? if it is the second,how come your MEC asn't asked the NMB to release so you guys can take some self help action?

Interesting your Mediator is Mike Tosi. If I'm not mistaken this is the same individual that was the ALPA F/O Rep for US Airways in PHL. He was such a good union rep I believe also that the COMPANY threw a party for him when he retired (mind you they do squat for any of the other guys retiring) Anyways, just find it interesting. I would imagine this would be his first case, or at least first high profile case.......

Good job guys! They really only need to fix 3-5 things and it would be ok.
1.-Scope (why cant Airtran pilots fly them with a different pay rate for a 86 seat aircraft?)
2-Insurance
3-Reserve
4-1st year pay

Happy about your not taking a cut...what about:

Door close
Retro-pay
bump in B-fund

lot's more than just 3-5 things.....

That F/O pay needs to parallel the captains pay rate across the board not just first year pay.

I have no dog in the fight but I must compliment you guys on your solidarity.

- Vote out your union president
- a fair amount of picket crossers on property
- junior people on property easily manipulated by scare tactics.

All overcome with a fairly substantial no vote.

Nice job guys. I'm impressed and others should be as well.

Gup

Thanks, Guppy. It's been a struggle, and there's been casualties, other pilots are currently out as well due to terminations in the last 2 weeks.

My only hope is that my AirTran brethren will continue to push forward with new Leadership and that the next T.A. will be worthy of a CAREER.

just curious, is this the first TA or te second TA that has been voted down? if it is the second,how come your MEC asn't asked the NMB to release so you guys can take some self help action?

First TA we have voted on. In June, they pulled the initial TA off the table because of a near riot by the pilot group in protest. We were ready to burn the NPA headquarters to the ground. That started the recall petition of the Union Pres and VP. NPA Legal blocked the initial recall petition which again caused another uproar from the pilot group. In August we started to vote on a Last Final Offer from the company that our Union BoD didn't endorse. The Union BoD stopped that vote after the mediator called us back into negotiations in August and we got the TA that we just voted down. The problem with this TA was that the substandard TA from May was what the negotiating team had to fix. Other than pay, most people would say our current contract is better to live under.

Latest resources

Back