• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran TA Results

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Keep in mind they can meet outside of mediation. If the company needs a contract for some deal that is in the works, expect something sooner than later.

Wooohoooo!!! Thank God in Heaven!

Here's the full letter from the NPA:

Dear AirTran Pilots:

With 87% of the eligible pilots voting the Tentative Agreement has failed by a margin of 61.37% to 38.63%
Where does this leave us? After being informed of these results our mediator Mike Tosi, of the National Mediation Board, told us that our negotiations will be put into recess until after the New Year. That will give us time to elect new leadership and for the new NPA Board of Directors to establish its direction and priorities for negotiations.
The first job of the current NPA Board of Directors is to finish conducting the election for the next NPA president. The nominations for president close next Monday, September 24 at Noon. The ballot will open Wednesday, October 3 and will remain open until October 24.
The presidential election will be followed by a second election to fill three additional Board positions: vice president, domicile representative at large, and captain domicile representative. Nominations for these positions will open on October 1; the ballot will close on November 29.
The position of captain domicile representative was not scheduled to be on the ballot this fall. Unfortunately Capt. Mark Goodin has decided to leave the NPA Board for personal reasons. To ensure an orderly transition, and to maintain a quorum, Mark’s resignation will not become effective until the new Board is in place. In addition, Capt. Brad Sims has decided not to seek reelection as domicile representative at large. We would like to thank both Brad and Mark for their years of service to the pilot group.
This means that over the next 90-days the NPA will be electing four new Board members including a new president. Having just voted down a T/A that took almost three-years to negotiate its important that the pilot group nominate and elect a new leadership team to represent its needs, wants, and desires in a new contract. These elections are critical. Please take the time to listen to the candidates so that you understand their positions.

NPA Board of Directors

I am glad that this thing got voted down, but 13% of us did not vote? WTFO. 13% of 1600 is 208.

I am sorry but those 208 people are pathetic. We are not voting for class clown here. This your career. F'in losers...

If those 13% would have voted no, we would have a 75-25 split with more bargaining power.

Pathetic.

Last edited:
Thanks to all you fellow no voters, you have restored my faith in this pilot group!

You've got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.

Great work!

After being informed of these results our mediator Mike Tosi, of the National Mediation Board, told us that our negotiations will be put into recess until after the New Year.

The scare tactic the NPA BOD was feeding us was that the mediator wouldn't be available for 6-12 months, eventhough we don't even need him. Kinda like the "vote for TA1 because of this big, bad merger coming." More BS.

Way to stick together guys. Very nice work.

If there is anything those of us can do watching from the peanut gallery keep us informed!

Nice work! I saw some of your TA and it looked like a big turd.

Are you all going for retro pay??

I am glad that this thing got voted down, but 13% of us did not vote? WTFO. 13% of 1600 is 208.

I am sorry but those 208 people are pathetic. We are not voting for class clown here. This your career. F'in losers...

If those 13% would have voted no, we would have a 75-25 split with more bargaining power.

Pathetic.

If all of those 208 voted YES, then it would have been a 53 / 47 split.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back