• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Studies B717 replacements

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
2012 is barely more than 2 years from right now. Not far off at all if you're talking about lead time on a new aircraft order.

From the article:
"Orlando-headquartered AirTran would like to replace its oldest aircraft five years from now, which would result in the carrier placing an order in about three years, Kirby says."

Nice fantasy world in that head of yours. There you have it, folks.
Ramblings of a drunken idiot. The fact remains, one of us has served on numerous committees, raised money to help Contract Hostages, etc. and the other is a loud-mouth FO who has done nothing to help any one but himself, and is pretty much a S.I.T along with his brother George. See you around campus, jackhole.

Ramblings of a drunken idiot. The fact remains, one of us has served on numerous committees, raised money to help Contract Hostages, etc. and the other is a loud-mouth FO who has done nothing to help any one but himself, and is pretty much a S.I.T along with his brother George. See you around campus, jackhole.[/QUO

What does his being an FO have to do with anything? I thought we were "Co-Captains." So technically he would be a loud mouthed Co-Captain.

Last edited:
"will soon be unable to pick and choose reasons not to contribute. It's called a MANDATORY ASSESSMENT and it's going to MemRat next week."

Thats precisely the reason I'll be voting NO.

RV

Thats great, most will be voting yes,just like last time.

Last edited:
There seems to be 2 topics and a Jerry Springer episode going on within this thread.

I have no input regarding the 717 replacement options. I am only interested in a payscale that is proportionate to the success of AirTran today.

As far as the Pilot Crisis Fund topic, I am one of the Pilots who volunteered to help organize and maintain the fund. I do so because I believe in it. Something that gets overlooked is the fact that the Fund is NOT only for perceived "Hostages", it is also for many other "Crisis" related issues that Pilots may incur.

NOBODY has any obligation to give a reason as to why they choose to contribute or not..... NONE. However, IF you choose to offer an explanation as to why you choose NOT to contribute, please take the example of "twepilot" above.... who at least has the intestinal fortitude to stand up for his beliefs both here and on the AirTran NPA/ALPA Forums and state he is opposed philisophically.

Please don't HIDE behind some excuse that someone on Flightinfo "hurt" your feelings, and as a result, you refuse to contribute to Pilots in NEED who have NO RELATION whatsoever to your whole "Jerry Springer" episode B.S. on Flightinfo.

Also... as one of the persons who collects and manages the MONEY, I take exception to the suggestion by anyone that they are concerned about anyone on the committee that collects these funds. EVERY penny is accounted for, and IF you wish to dispute the integrity of the fund or the accounting, please PM me.

Signed,

K.K. (My initials are EASY to figure out).

Last edited:
Interesting toppic

In reading some of these posts, it seems that people go from attacking the issues that this forum raises to attacking each other.

Cat Fight!!!!!

You got it . . . K.K. . . . some pilots will use any excuse not to give. They aren't willing to give time, or money. They only thing they do is run their "man-pleasers" on this board. They give nothing back to the Pilot Group. These same turds don't show up for SPC events, they don't contribute to hostage funds, and they don't help their fellow Pilots, not even one thin dime's worth. These clowns are always the first to ask "when are we getting a contract" but their behavior is damn near scab-like. My two cents.

Ramblings of a drunken idiot. The fact remains, one of us has served on numerous committees, raised money to help Contract Hostages, etc. and the other is a loud-mouth FO who has done nothing to help any one but himself, and is pretty much a S.I.T along with his brother George. See you around campus, jackhole.
You are in my prayers.

There seems to be 2 topics and a Jerry Springer episode going on within this thread.

I have no input regarding the 717 replacement options. I am only interested in a payscale that is proportionate to the success of AirTran today.

As far as the Pilot Crisis Fund topic, I am one of the Pilots who volunteered to help organize and maintain the fund. I do so because I believe in it. Something that gets overlooked is the fact that the Fund is NOT only for perceived "Hostages", it is also for many other "Crisis" related issues that Pilots may incur.

NOBODY has any obligation to give a reason as to why they choose to contribute or not..... NONE. However, IF you choose to offer an explanation as to why you choose NOT to contribute, please take the example of "twepilot" above.... who at least has the intestinal fortitude to stand up for his beliefs both here and on the AirTran NPA/ALPA Forums and state he is opposed philisophically.

Please don't HIDE behind some excuse that someone on Flightinfo "hurt" your feelings, and as a result, you refuse to contribute to Pilots in NEED who have NO RELATION whatsoever to your whole "Jerry Springer" episode B.S. on Flightinfo.

Also... as one of the persons who collects and manages the MONEY, I take exception to the suggestion by anyone that they are concerned about anyone on the committee that collects these funds. EVERY penny is accounted for, and IF you wish to dispute the integrity of the fund or the accounting, please PM me.

Signed,

K.K. (My initials are EASY to figure out).
K.K., good to hear your comments. Nicely said. Like I said at the outset, don't really have a dog in the fight. I don't mind speaking up when a captain berates an FO about anything 'publicly'. It simply is not right. His lil mini-series here crossed that line. Then when the captain becomes so disjointed that he believes the FO and I not only know each other, but are actually working together, I sort of laugh. When the captain pm's 'our days are numbered at the company' based upon his control of the chess pieces thru the dreaded 'sit' list, at first I chuckle again. But then you start to wonder if his heart is really with your pilot group or if he just likes to toot his own horn. Then, the whole threatening of George-that raises red flags.

He keeps PM'ing me about meeting him on campus. It is too much hassle to get an ATL badge. The kid knows where to meet if he wants. Thank you for your hard work on your 'hostage' fund. It most likely is reaching the worthy goals you set. As a volunteer junkie and tither, I know you're work is very important to your group. Good job!

Jerry Springer watchers-the show is over-sorry for the distraction. The horse died a while ago. Sometimes, I like to drop into places and mess with people who think they are bigger than the rest of us. George-keep a strong heart-everyone knows who the weiner man is. I'll send you copies of your fellow 'cocaptain's' humorous comments. Well, they might be put on the sit-list. Not that they would 'give a sit.'

Meyers, Jimmy, ty-die, whatever-don't get so frustrated. Everyday is a blessing. Work for the good, worry less about others' action and be quietly humble about your every action-you will be more successful and less tense. And it sounds like you are part of a team-other's depend upon you-don't jeopardize that trust or their hard work in support of you. Load is done, time to go fly!

K.K.-thanks for your words and keep up the fine work down at AT and wherever you work in the future! :beer: (after 2 more legs)

"Good Night, Gracie!"

Shish!

Latest resources

Back