Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Strike Vote...98 percent say YES!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Where did I say the shareholders deserved it? I didn't. I just mentioned that the original poster thought that the raise would be "free", all the airline would have to do is raise ticket prices.

Actually, fair or not, the raise is going to come out of someone else's pocket, and unless your upper management is going to take enough of a pay cut to pay your raises, then the pocket it's coming out of is the shareholders.

But...you knew that already, right?

If you're not happy at AirTran, Delta is now hiring pilots. From the comments I have read on that thread, the pilots who posted comments who fly for Delta think it's a good place to work.

Where did I say the shareholders deserved it? I didn't. I just mentioned that the original poster thought that the raise would be "free", all the airline would have to do is raise ticket prices.

Actually, fair or not, the raise is going to come out of someone else's pocket, and unless your upper management is going to take enough of a pay cut to pay your raises, then the pocket it's coming out of is the shareholders.

But...you knew that already, right?

I don't even know where to begin with this one......geez...Let me start with this.
I DON'T CARE WHERE THE MONEY COMES FROM! ARGUING ABOUT WHERE IT COMES FROM IS POINTLESS. I DON'T DO REVENUE MANAGEMENT, I DO THE FLYING. WHERE THEY DIG UP THE MONEY MATTERS NOT. NINE YEARS ON ONE CONTRACT IS LONG ENOUGH!...FIVE YEARS NEGOTIATING THIS ONE IS LONG ENOUGH!... THEY CAN STFU AND PAY ME .....NOW!

But...YOU knew THAT already....right?

If you're not happy at AirTran, Delta is now hiring pilots. From the comments I have read on that thread, the pilots who posted comments who fly for Delta think it's a good place to work.

Yeah! You should always just quit instead of trying to improve your job!

Gup

p.s. nopilot, management LOVES guys like you. You're easy. It's the guys that care that are a tough nut to crack.

Again... no... not really, no.

Again, Econ 101: costs associated with producing a product are passed on to the consumers of the product in the form of increases in said product's price over time.

Granted, one cannot simply raise fares overnight but, as I mentioned before, AAI has been slowly and quietly raising fares in very small increments over the last year and a half. That increase has shown up on the quarterly reports as increased net profit which, yes, does get passed onto the share holders, for a very brief time, but then that additional income is used to pay for the increased costs that come with a new contract, as well as fare increases in the future as well.

That's not "taking money from the shareholders"; it was never their money to begin with, they just happened to benefit from the fare increases that were eventually slated to cover increased costs of producing this product.

Everything goes up in cost, generally speaking, over time. The trick is to find that middle ground where costs go up a reasonable amount that's fair to the employee group concerned (in this case, the pilots), while simultaneously not requiring such a large increase in fare as to damage AirTran's market share of customers.

With as long as ALPA's been doing this, I trust them to find that "sweet spot" in this case. YMMV.

Last edited:
Different decade, same stupidity

After 13 years on Flightinfo, all I am now seeing a whole new crop of idiots coming up through the ranks . . . . nothing has changed, at least in that regard.:smash:

Relax people. I was using something called..... sarcasm and it's used by many people on this web site all the time. I think it's great that AirTran pilots stood their ground. AT is a great airline and I hope that they get what they richly deserve... better pay and hopefully one day, a changing of the guard by getting better management.

Have a nice day

And I hope what 400Ahole gets what he richly deserves . . . . a nice case of hemorrhoids. . . . . . and a new jailhouse hubby.

Alaska afforded it. SWA afforded it. Jetblue afforded it. Even Delta guys got some money with the merger and they have been bleeding money. They can get the money for us by being more efficient with their operation. When reserve pilots are timing out 30/7 and they are delaying and even cancelling flights because of poor scheduling practices that equates to higher costs. They can afford to pay more but executive bonuses are in part calculated on money they do not spend that is why there hasnt been a contract. AAI stock has been stagnant for years as the rest of the industry has. If shareholders dont want to own stock they can sell it or not buy it. We have been making money for the most part for years and the stock hasnt really gone up. It was higher when they tried to buy Midwest and save that company from the scum that is Republic. Plus, a well compensated and fairly treated workforce creates profits. Motivation is powerful. SWA has a crappy product but they make money. It is like a damn cult over there. Spreadsheet management doesnt work. It never has. I would rather have some guy that keeps a small company profitable in this country than some idiot with an MBA.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back