Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Strike Vote...98 percent say YES!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Once you are on property you will understand when I say GK does not spend a nickle he doesn't have to ;)

Question...........

Is a retro/ signing bonus on the table? If so, will ALPA be looking to get their "fair share"? I haven't heard much on this subject. I do however remember the uproar at a previous employer when the signing bonus pot was set for the planned distribution.

I bet ALPA is looking to make sure they cash in on every penny they can get their nappy lil hands on.

Dick

Just how big of an uninformed idjit are you? Do you have the slightest clue how labor relations and contracts work - and in this case signing bonuses?

Wow...we are doomed as a profession.

K mart,

Good point, but it won't happen. Airtran is making money. From a biz stand point why would they do that. Until the pilots integrate to our network and route structure then the cost will be equal, to give a pay bump per our contract.

Yes, but couldn't Airtran make more money if they just gave concessions for the next 18 months?

Why would they want to do that.... well to forge a new team of labor that is content with the merger and does everything in it's power to make it go through smoothly. I thought SWA was the model of labor relations, soon they will be marketing ATL and all of Airtran's flights, why wouldn't their pilots get SWA rates sooner rather than later.
LUV

Just how big of an uninformed idjit are you? Do you have the slightest clue how labor relations and contracts work - and in this case signing bonuses?

I think what he was referring to is ALPA gets a cut of "retro pay" where they don't generally of "signing bonuses". There is a difference and obviously ALPA is interested in essentially getting the company to admit this should have been done years ago, hence the retro pay, vice just cash to make the problem go away via bonuses.

The contract signed at ASA had a signing bonus, not retro, and it paid ALPA their share.

I think what he was referring to is ALPA gets a cut of "retro pay" where they don't generally of "signing bonuses". There is a difference and obviously ALPA is interested in essentially getting the company to admit this should have been done years ago, hence the retro pay, vice just cash to make the problem go away via bonuses.

Thanks for understanding english. If/when they come to some sort of agreement on this, that will be the last thing to hash out. ALPA has a decision to make. Go after making SWA ALPA, which means dumping a bunch of money in SLI. If not, then they go after getting a contract done with AT that will include a huge pot of money that they get a portion of.

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=105944&highlight=asa+retro+pay

This is potentially a huge pot of money. If progess is being made in the immediate future, this will be a consideration and I was curious if it had been discussed. I guess it hasn't.

Dick

Last edited:
Lear
I'll be an evil person here and say I believe Kelly will do it because he thinks it will bring your wages up to SWA wages. From there the SLI will be a lot easier since your wages would be comparable. Wouldn't even be shocked if the SWA Union President knew this.

Best of luck to everyone!
so you are saying GK will give AT pilots a raise to give them better negotiating capital against WN pilots. he will infuriate 5700 pilots to appease 1600 pilots. could be a great strategy. lets watch to see how it works out.

Peace
Oriondriver

Welcome to the show

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back